SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I’m a new owner of a beautiful white 2020 XC90 Inscription. So happy with the car, amazing! I noticed today when using navigation that the HUD would show the navigation only before the turns and then would disappear, however the speed and the speed limit would remain on. Any ideas why it doesn’t always show the map? Thanks

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,036 Posts
Hello everyone! I’m a new owner of a beautiful white 2020 XC90 Inscription. So happy with the car, amazing! I noticed today when using navigation that the HUD would show the navigation only before the turns and then would disappear, however the speed and the speed limit would remain on. Any ideas why it doesn’t always show the map? Thanks
Yes. That's the way it's supposed to operate. Being in your line-of-sight, it provides directions only when you're near a turn so as to minimize distractions. Believe me, you do not need the same pointer and lanes stuck in your line-of-sight for hours and technically reduce road visibility.

·
Registered
174 Posts
It is as designed. However, it would be good to control how early those pointers show. Sometimes on freeway traffic, showing it only like .7 mile ahead of a turn, ramp is a bit too late. But generally it is as designed, albeit can be improved. :)

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
It is as designed. However, it would be good to control how early those pointers show. Sometimes on freeway traffic, showing it only like .7 mile ahead of a turn, ramp is a bit too late.:)
The combination of voice and HUD has always given me instructions on time.
I think that voice command comes first, but the HUD has never failed to be on time.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts