SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a loaner XC60 T5 with HUD......the HUD appears slanted on the windshield compared to an XC90. Is this something to do with the curvature of the windshield or just a side effect of being a lesser model they didn't bother to accommodate for?

·
Registered
369 Posts
You should be able to calibrate it in terms of moving it left, right, up, down and slant. Go to the HUD up display calibration icon in the center display

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You should be able to calibrate it in terms of moving it left, right, up, down and slant. Go to the HUD up display calibration icon in the center display

That's fine, I just think it's odd that it would be slanted to begin with, seems like lack of quality control.

Sent from my SM-G973U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
That's fine, I just think it's odd that it would be slanted to begin with, seems like lack of quality control.

It's possible that someone may have gone into the hud controls and messed with it a bit, not a quality control issue, but a DIP (Dumb In Public) issue

·
Registered
6,912 Posts
Now it is your time to show your expertise to tweak it back normal. Try it.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
369 Posts
Also the manual says it's needed if the windshield is replaced.

Everyone's seating position is slightly different so I makes sense it has to be adjustable. After I got the car I played around with different seating positions over a few days until I found my preferred settings. Each major adjustment needed a slight slant adjustment I assume since the windshield is slightly curved which affects how the projection/reflection is viewed. Luckily the position is saved to the key.

·
Registered
24 Posts

From what I understand its only up/down and slant. No way to move left and right.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
From what I understand its only up/down and slant. No way to move left and right.
The controls in this one is up down left right, no slant

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
The controls in this one is up down left right, no slant
There's definitely a way to rotate it. I did it once, when setting it up.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
This loaner only has 5k on it. I seriously doubt someone went to the trouble of going into HUD calibration and messing this up. Still think it is a quality control issue from the factory.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No, it's not.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Oh, so crooked displays from the factory are normal....sorry, I'm still learning this new version of Volvo QC.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
Oh, so crooked displays from the factory are normal....sorry, I'm still learning this new version of Volvo QC.

Wow, you're really adamant to pin this on Volvo for some odd reason. I guess there is no point to debate this anymore.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
76 Posts
Except this vehicle didn't come from the factory. It's been driven by an unknown number of people over 5000 miles, so there's plenty of reason to suspect that one of them could've changed it.

Is it theoretically possible that it came that way from the factory? Sure. However, that would also mean that no one else who drove the car saw the offset and fixed it.

Maybe the windshield was broken during those 5000 miles, and the dealer didn't recalibrate it?

There are plenty of possibilities that are equally plausible as a factory mistake. It's just odd that you choose to focus on that one singularly.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts