SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife has an '87 240DL Sedan. The two piece hubcaps (with clips) on this car fall off each time the tires are rotated. My '90 DL has the one-piece hubcaps which seem more secure. Are these two types of hubcaps interchangeable? Is the bolt pattern and rim the same on the 87 versus 90 models, despite a different hubcap design? Thanks for any suggestions here.

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
It's the same wheel. 5.5"x14", 20mm offset, 5x108mm bolt pattern. You could buy a set of aftermarket 1-piece hubcaps on ebay and put them on the '87 wheels. Or put the ones from the '90 onto the '87 and put new ones on the '90. Here's a current auction:<P>Item # <A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/ebayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1830143956&r=0&t=0" TARGET=_blank>1830143956</A><P>

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Towerymt: Thanks man! I'm not much good with cars, as you can likely tell. That's why we're driving Volvos -- nothing ever goes awry with them: except the tail-lights crack and gather water and the hubcaps sometimes fall off. Didn't know those wheels were 5.5x14 --that's the same size as my Gretsch snare drum. Thanks again.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts