SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a front hub bolt torque discrepancy in VIDA. In the instructions, it's 20 Nm, then 65 Nm, then 60 deg. In the torque reference table, the 65 Nm is listed as 45 Nm. So, which is correct?

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
I can check my Haynes for you later. Hopefully it doesn't have a 3rd discrepancy... But honestly I'd go with what VIDA says over a chart online... I believe I have that same one you're referring to saved on my phone.

Sent from my Huawei Mate 9 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The chart is in VIDA. In the VIDA procedure, it's 65. In the VIDA chart, 45. It's probably OBE at this point as they are now 65 + 60 degrees.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
The chart is in VIDA. In the VIDA procedure, it's 65. In the VIDA chart, 45. It's probably OBE at this point as they are now 65 + 60 degrees.
That seems to be correct. Since I'll be doing this today myself I need to know anyways... This is what my Haynes manual states...

IMG_20190629_093532.jpg

·
Registered
3,432 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks. Good luck with the repair. The YT cheater method (compressing the axle shaft enough to get to the bolts) is fine for getting it out. But, difficult to get the bolts torqued correctly. Disconnecting the axle and ball joint gives you plenty of room, but fighting the ball joint back into the LCA, even with a ratchet strap, is a pain. I'm beginning to think removing the whole spindle might be easier.

·
Registered
2,318 Posts
Thanks!!
I'm actually replacing my LCA today and struts. Ball joints are currently chilling in the freezer to help shrink them for installation...

·
Registered
573 Posts
I'm beginning to think removing the whole spindle might be easier.
It is. Simple job with the knuckle off. Just technically needs an alignment afterwards, the other methods can avoid that at the cost of more trickery if doing it in a driveway like most of us.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts