1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all!

I was doing this procedure yesterday:

CLICKY HERE

And was driving around and it was fine. Today however, HU850 along with my iMiV went out 10 mins after pulling out of the garage, completely no power and unoperable. This was intermittent. It would come on, then off, then on again every 5 mins.

Could this be a damaged fuse?

·
Registered
273 Posts
If the fuse is broken then it wont power on at all. It may be a damaged wire that has a faulty connection.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was back in the garage tinkering earlier this evening, and yep, it wasn't a fuse (I tried putting in new ones, same problem). And then I took apart the steering column again, and made sure wires come in contact at every connection again. Problem is still showing, will report back again once I can accurately figure out where the problem is coming from..

·
Registered
549 Posts
I was back in the garage tinkering earlier this evening, and yep, it wasn't a fuse (I tried putting in new ones, same problem). And then I took apart the steering column again, and made sure wires come in contact at every connection again. Problem is still showing, will report back again once I can accurately figure out where the problem is coming from..
This is a dumb question but I am good at those.....Do you have a vlotage meter?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
This is a dumb question but I am good at those.....Do you have a vlotage meter?
A billion points to test, but can't tell where the problem is coming from.

Where is the amp? I notice that when this problem happens, my dash goes out along with the passenger seat power and my factory Bluetooth kit.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So I completely disconnected the iMiV unit, and problem is still showing. So I ruled that one out.

I think at the same time a loose wire is being ruled out because this problem occurs at set time intervals... Looks to me like something relating to the power driving my passenger seat, factory Bluetooth and HU850 is shorting every 5mins.

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
No one else has this problem of radio cutting on and off?

Today I tried leaving the battery disconnected for 2 hours. Still not fixed. Could it be a bad radio or amp?

·
Registered
998 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
FIXED IT. My iPod was plugged in, left in the driver seat pocket. I inspected it and the connector was a little wet from the Lexol overspray, causing the circuit to short and shut the audio, bluetooth and passenger seat down. Heh.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts