SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anyone know the part number for the HU-850 wiring harness (with the green plug), and have thoughts on a place that might have a good deal on one?

I'm upgrading from a USA Spec to the Grom... when I installed the USA Spec I feed it power by giggling the red 12 volt line out of the green plastic harness, and then jamming in the 12 volt line along with the USA Spec power line into the green plastic harness, but it hasn't held up so well... So I figure I best just replace the whole harness when I go in to do the Grom, but am having a heck of a time figuring out the part number for the OEM harness. Any insight on the part number and where a good deal might be found would be greatly appreciated.

In case it matters - this is for an '07 S60R with HU-850 pre-wired with a melbus cable for a CD changer in the trunk but without navigation.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Spent some more time searching on Vida, but to no avail... man there were a lot of different phone kits available...

Since a picture is worth a thousand words I figured I'd post this:

I would like to merely swap in an original equipment harness, to replace the one that is in less than steller shape following removal of the USA Spec.

Thanks to Turbo Country for the source image.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
That's the factory wiring harness, not the adapter harness to run an external amp. I'd suggest using a zip-tie to hold your crammed wire in place - it's a viable solution :D

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The problem is with the red 12 volt wire that is part of the factory wiring harness (not the wire I jammed into the wiring harness)... thus why I would ideally like to just replace the whole shebang... sounds like I might be in trouble...

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
Thank you for the links, and apologies for the absence of greater clarity.
The green plastic housing and the pin soldered onto the end of the red 12v wire are both deformed (the pin has been bent, the plastic has been scraped). The result is that the red 12v wire's pin no longer fits snugly within the green plastic housing.

My wiring harness looks exactly like that in Turbo Country's photo that I marked up. The middle link (http://www.ebay.com/itm/01-02-03-04-...3bd6d6&vxp=mtr ) you provided looks similar, but not identical (I don't have any twisted pairs like the one shown on ebay, but it looks like the brown ground wire is in the right place).

I was hoping to just unplug the entire damaged wire harness, and plug in a new one. I imagine that a new green plastic housing alone might do the trick, but wouldn't know for sure until I've given it a shot.

Is it even possible to simply swap out this harness? If so, any idea which one of those available on ebay is the right one? Two of those you posted links too look very different from the other?

Thanks for the suggestions.

·
Registered
10,560 Posts
You should be able to call a dealer (John at Boston Volvo) and order a replacement plug. You can remove each pin and swap them over to the new plug.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts