SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

So my 2005 S60R has recently developed a strange issue with the radio. At times when I turn the radio on the volume works, no issue at all.
At other times, I turn the radio on and the radio turns on, but there is no volume. I try changing the settings with regards to Dolby, etc., but that does not do anything with any of the speakers.
If I press off and back on, sometimes the volume will kick in. Is this a head unit issue or amp issue?

I am going to go with head unit, because when the volume works there are no issues with the sound; clarity, bass, etc.

Anyone experience a similar issue?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,011 Posts
Mine will cut out sometimes when I play music loudly for over an hour or so. I think it's the amp overheating. But yeah I would guess the amp but it's also anyone guess cuz those head units act crazy sometimes.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
8,698 Posts
The head unit drives the center channel speaker. The amp drives the remainder of the speakers. The head unit provides audio signal to all of the speakers.

·
Registered
859 Posts
I had the same issue a while back. Took the unit out and disassembled to inspect. Found that the power generation bank of the power board was all discolored and burnt. I had to replace the unit.

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I had the same issue a while back. Took the unit out and disassembled to inspect. Found that the power generation bank of the power board was all discolored and burnt. I had to replace the unit.
Thanks, yeah I am thinking it is the unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts