SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So today I went to listen to a cd in my SR and when I turned on my head unit all I get is "cd error" when I went to eject cd 6, cd 2 came out. Than when I went to eject another cd, it made a sound like a cd snapped and now all the other 5 cd are jammed in there and showing no signs of playing or ejecting. Anyone else have this or a similar problem? If so how did you get the CDs to eject? I'm starting to get a little frustrated here and I'm trying so hard not to resort to the "giving it a good old whack" method.

·
Registered
1,545 Posts
does it make any noise at all when you push eject? dont push it too many times if its still making noise. although i have a feeling from the "snap" sound that it is already roasted. this happned to me. what happens is, at first a cd gets jammed against another cd. at this stage it is fixable but must be done carfully. when this happened to me i kept pushing eject eject eject untill eventually no more noises inside and my HU was toast. if a cd is jammed it can sometimes be unjammed by gently trying to insert another cd and seperating the two that are jammed. also the HU and CD changer can be completely dis-assembled if you are patient and you may be able to unjam them this way. i was lucky enough to pic up a used HU850 from a fellow SS member, i swapped out just th CD changer portion of the HU and been good ever since. i will search for my thread on this subject.

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?166553-HU-850-dead

http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?167928-I-did-an-HU-850-swap

·
Registered
520 Posts
Mine was dead when I picked up the car.
2 years later, it's on the lift for an oil change, comes down and NOW starts to make the clicking sound every time I turn on the car - something must have fallen loose in there triggering the motor or something. When I have time will have to try to look for a replacement - I like the CD swap idea - thanks tspot!!

·
Registered
139 Posts
I had a similar problem. I pressed and held the eject button until it cycled through and ejected each disk, including the one that gave CD ERROR message (#4, I believe).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts