SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In my V70 I have HU-650 which has some problems - it doesn't eject the CD. And I don't have the amplifier under the passenger seat. Now I have opportunity to buy brand new HU-850 on sale at Volvo dealer being the last pieces. Afer that I'm plannig to buy an amplifier from a wrecked car.

So is it possible to instal HU-850 with amplifier in my car and connect it to existing speakers? I know that HU-850 Premium soud has different speakers.

At Volvo dealer they said that radio will physical match my car, but it wouldn't work, because they can't download and instal the requied software on my car - not the right VIN, to run HU-850. Is this true? Does the radio really need a software instalation? It's not just plug and play?

·
Registered
785 Posts
I would agree with the dealer. Sounds like a Volvo thing to do. Kinda like not being able to switch to a flippy mirror on a S60 that came with an autodim.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.