SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,<br>Thanks for any time somebody has to help.<br>My question is two part. We have a 2006 V70 T2.5 with a HU650 radio. First does it have a security code? (do all of the HU series have one) and secondly what does the "TP" in the display mean? It is accessed thru the "menu" (do I have that right?) or is it called source button. By pushing it the menu's open up What ever that knob is called it is found there. I just can't think of the navigation path to get to the "TP" on-off option. The "TP" sometimes shows a "radar" like symbol just after it in the display. (((( Like this but from small to big lines. "TP" is smaller than the other text. It only works on the CD and FM settings I believe. I can't find anything in the manual about this setting or on the internet. The HU-650 has a VERY limited menu. The "mid" control is useful I guess. I am looking forward to a answer with a feeling of pending embarrassment as I am sure it is very obvious what it is. All I come up with is "tape" but of course no tape player.<br>My apologies if this is confusing ...<p><br>DTz

·
Registered
224 Posts
Re: HU-650 / Security Codes / "TP" meaning (alms.gt1v70)

TP is a feature in the RBDS radio data Broadcast system that is commonly used in europe, but north american radio stations don't use. The parts of RBDS some stations do use include song titles and artist names, and to a lesser extent, station programming type, like JAZZ, light rock, etc.. look in your owners manual around page 185 for more about RBDS.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts