SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm a french proud new owner of a 2007 xc70 for 1 week now... and I'm struggling for 1 week now to understand why I can't hear anything when I plug my iPod in the center console aux port and in the same time selecting the AUX source from my HU-650.

After having dismounted the HU-650 and followed the aux cable from the plug towards the HU-650, I realized the 3 wires (wh/gr/br) are discontinued from an intermediate green connector behind th HU-650, so it explains why. But I want more. Why is it so?

So what a strange situation : I can select AUX on the HU-650 source, but "obviously" nothing comes in, since my iPod is connected to the aux port which is not wired til the HU-650. Fair enough.

So at this point, either I'm totally stupid and there is a 2nd plug somewhere in the car, I must confess I didn't find it... or there is a kind of incompatibility w/ the DVD-RTI (rear side) connected to the HU-650 through the 9 pins melbus connector... maybe?

To put aside this, I disconnected the DVD-RTI drive (on the RTI side) and tested the HU-650 still seeing the AUX source available. So this seems to be not like the CD Changer, which is supposed to dynamically pop up on the source list. Here, the AUX source is still available.

However, surfing and surfing on the web to understand all the available stuff to smartly connect an iPod, I realized there is a kinda analog wiring possible via the 9 pins melbus connector... but this one is used (by the DVD-RTI am I supposing)

And actually, I really want to fix this "native" AUX input first, prior to add any Parrot, Grom, IMIV or any other kind of stuff like that.

Who would save my day? I also have the xc70 official wiring but with no help for me...http://www.vwvortex.com/Anthony/Smilies/confused.gif

Thanx for your help, Cheers,
Cyril.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Check iMIV websie and see if their gizmo works with a 2007 XC70 to connect iPOD. It works with an 05 XC70.

They are a Canadian company that developed the means of connecting iPOD to Volvo HU's with lots of interaction with folks on Swwedespeed.
ozzie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts