SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a new hu-613 to replace the one I have with the dim display, but the faceplate on the older one is nicer.

Anyone have a procedure to remove it? I would hate to break something.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Re: hu-613 faceplate removal (thipschman)

It's not that difficult, I can't explain the procedure, but if you go slow & don't force things you should bo OK. When you pull all the tabs to remove the face, there is still some adhesive holding it on, can't rember the exact location, but slow steady pressure worked for me.

Sorry to be so vague, but I just dove in with mine, & it's not that hard.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: hu-613 faceplate removal (luckbuck)

Thanks for your response. Knowing about the tabs was just enough for me to keep from breaking anything. I took some pics and have provided the link below.

Basically, there are two tabs on the side where you need to remove a screw from each side. Loosen those up. Then there are three tabs at the top that are just behind the faceplate in the frame. I removed the frame for a better pic, but that's not necessary. Push in those three tabs with a small screwdriver , and with the side tabs loose, the faceplate should swing forward. Now, you just continue to pull forward and down, and the bottom tabs will pop off. Kind of unnerving, but I did not see any other way to free those tabs. I did not encounter any adhesive, but ymmv.

With the faceplate off, there are about 10 screws holding on the display/controls circuit board. There are also three tabs holding the circuit board in place.

I also have included a pic of the tabs on the frame which hold the top of the climate control unit.

Good luck.

Free Image Hosting by ImageBam.com

1 - 3 of 3 Posts