SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 141 Posts

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Quick Note : Must Be these Pans are Strong then Most Say ?

This was not a difficult replacement. I'm documenting it anyway since I took pictures. I bought the part at TascaParts for $83 + $10 shipping.

The 2 X 4 is just a little Scary : Especially for Beginners : I'd go a little safer and use a 2 X 6
just to spread that Load - Out over a larger Area . Great Write Up . :cool:

·
Registered
21 Posts
Received and installed my mount today (took less than 24hrs from when TASCA shipped it) and it probably took me about 1-1.5 hrs to do, mostly because i lack the correct tools (broke my only extension tightening the last bolt, thank god) and think i may have crossthreaded the threads going into the aluminum head/engine, but whatever, i dont care, atleast it in! This solved the terrible noise my car has made since i bought it. Mine too was broken into 2 peices when i removed it. Thanks Alot! -dave

·
Registered
44 Posts
Thanks for the fantastic writeup! I had my car in for something else, and the dealer just called to let me know that mount was bad and needed to be replaced. Looks like you just saved me ~$200.

·
Registered
53 Posts
bump for a great write up! super quick change took less than an hour and now it doesn't sound like my engine is going to fall out every time i hit a bump or make a right turn :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Completely awesome write-up! I was having major issues with slamming over small bumps and vibrations/rattle when turning right. I initially looked at this part, but since I couldn't move the engine manually I assumed it was ok. The photos you took showing the gap on the old was EXACTLY like mine. I swapped it out in 30 min and the issues all went away. Thanks again for helping us all out!

·
Registered
6,887 Posts
Anyone out there know if there is only the OEM option on this or are there some aftermarket options? I am pretty sure my car needs this part replaced and just wanted to make sure I get the best replacement.

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
Anyone out there know if there is only the OEM option on this or are there some aftermarket options? I am pretty sure my car needs this part replaced and just wanted to make sure I get the best replacement.
Post up a picture or two in this thread. It might help someone diagnose this in the future.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I should have checked this forum before replacing the LCA. I complained about the noise to the dealer here in Hong Kong and they told me that it's the LCA. Ordered them online and replaced at a local repair shop. The noise is still there.

Had some problem verifying the part number for this engine mount since it's a RHD vehicle but finally ordered it. Waiting for the part to arrive to have a smooth drive once again.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Now I know the Photo may threw things Off , But

Almost 69k.

Now I know the Photo may threw things Off , But did You do a Good side By Side with These ?

The New looks Way Taller ?

·
Super Moderator
2,989 Posts
Now I know the Photo may threw things Off , But did You do a Good side By Side with These ?

The New looks Way Taller ?
It does, doesn't it? It's because the mounts aren't flat, the mounting bracket to the frame is angled. So when placed on a flat surface, they both lean to the left.
Unfortunately I didn't take a better picture of them side by side.

·
Registered
35 Posts
If there was a like button on this thread, I would abuse it!
but there is none, so i will just bump it!

Thank you very much to the author and to those who chimed in.

I would like to contribute on some info, the symptoms on mine were:
82K (wish I could find an aftermarket that will last long.)
Passenger side would rattle when I do right hand turns.
It makes really annoying noises when I hit bumps or potholes while driving.

It is a really easy job, I was working in the dark with a small led flashlight while cooking pasta.
Just take your time on the bolt alignments, esp. the (2) 17's.
The block which it treads to is very prone to stripping, hand tight, and tighten sensitively.
Jack your engine up and down so it fits right.
Just near the second bolt, is a hole, use that to move the engine side to side. I bet your finger will fit perfectly.

The test drive felt so right..

okay, end of Rave!

·
Registered
45 Posts
This is EXCELLENT! I have been wondering what it was and it sounds like something was going to fall apart on the passenger side every time I hit a small bump.

Looks like a fast weekend repair job. THANKS!!:D

·
Registered
45 Posts
Instead of waiting for the weekend, I went ahead and did the job tonight. It took me about an hour to complete. The only problem I had was removing the two bolt holding on the Limiter. I had to apply some extra testicular fortitude to get both of them out. Other than that, it was an easy job.

Thanks again to the author of this thread for the fantastic directions. It was so easy a caveman could do it..:D

·
Registered
42 Posts
:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:
Great Job & Nice write up fellas, very helpful for the V50/S40 owners around the world.....

21 - 40 of 141 Posts