SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I'm driving this now, and have to pop the fairly fresh OE front struts out to replace upper bearings was thinking of dropping in a set of springs. Anyone done this that can comment on the ride? I DON'T wanna turn this into a rough riding POS.

·
Registered
4,382 Posts
did it on my s60 a few years back - the ride is much firmer. The stock shocks could not keep up with the spring rate though.

Ended up with firmer shocks on stock springs to regain ride quality.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bummer was liking the dropped look!

·
Registered
332 Posts
Ive been running Eibachs on my wagon for about 4 months now, and i did not notice a change in overall ride quality. Still very comfortable. But the biggest change will be your driving style. you really need to drive differently when going over inclines of any kind. I have front and rear mud flaps on my wagon, and they are my indicator for when things are to low. For example i scrape over speed bumps regardless of how i angle them, as they are the lowest point on my car. I couldn't be happier with the overall look of them.

·
Registered
578 Posts
I have H&R'S with Koni FDS struts. The ride quality honestly is still very forgiving compared to other lowered cars I have had. My only complaint is the rear end looks like it sits lower than the front. I really wish that the front sat as low as TFIVEM's. I will see if I can dig up a picture to illustrate what mean. Im wondering if there is anything I can do to lower the front to be more even with the rear.

·
Registered
915 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I would go with the FDSs to, but have fairly new OEs in it. FSDs wernt avail, when I did the suspension :-(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts