SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading a poll over on the car lounge on VWvortex ranking ac.

I have to say its cool but not condescending, ice cold like in a chevy suburban or even a kia optima rather in the sun or not.

How would you rate the ac in your s60? :confused:

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was reading a poll over on the car lounge on VWvortex ranking ac.

I have to say its cool but not condescending, ice cold like in a chevy suburban or even a kia optima rather in the sun or not.

How would you rate the ac in your s60? :confused:
Like the Arctic in a car cabin! :thumbup:

·
Registered
35 Posts
Cooler than a polar bear's toenail. :facepalm:

·
Registered
301 Posts
very cold- the car read today 115- ouch.

·
Registered
4,185 Posts
Working very well in the heat wave we've been having in my area thank you!

·
Registered
712 Posts
S60 AC blows ice, XC90 AC blows slightly cool air for a while and takes a long time to get cold.

If you've read about VWs you know what you need to know about Valeo AC compressors.

·
Registered
28 Posts
"Colder than a witches t** in a brass bra"

·
Registered
338 Posts
Love the a/c on the S60. . .blows icy cold even while idling. By comparison, our VW needs to be moving before it gets really cold. If you are sitting in traffic on a hot day, you suffer a bit.
The other nice thing is the automatic function really keeps the inside temp stable regardless of how hot it is outside or what kind of traffic you are in.

·
Registered
42 Posts
AC is not so cold on my S60. I need to leave the fan on full blast when the temp gets above 90 and the cabin still doesn't get very cool. Maybe I need to have it checked out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
AC is not so cold on my S60. I need to leave the fan on full blast when the temp gets above 90 and the cabin still doesn't get very cool. Maybe I need to have it checked out.
I would definitely recommend getting that checked out...this is in a MY12? I'm in Northern CA and my '12 S60 blows cold right away, and is ice cold within about a minute.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
VW AC is not so good. My previous shape Jetta was really lousy, the new passat that I currently drive is better, but when left in the sun really struggles to bring down the temprature quickly eventhough I open the windows before I enter and leave them open when on the move for a while. Plus they are very noisy. The auto works real good though depending on the angle of the sun. My dad's S40 is better so I would imagine the S60 should be much better than VW

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Cooler than a polar bear's toenail. :facepalm:
"Colder than a witches t** in a brass bra"
:D:facepalm:

Well glad to hear thats it me.

Interesting enough, a inside line editor had a complaint about the a/c.

"The air-conditioner is weak. It only cools the car when you have the fan cranked up to a ridiculously loud level. And it doesn't have enough vents for the driver.... It was quite miserable driving around in the sun. Give me an American car's A/C any day." http://blogs.insideline.com/roadtests/2011/06/2012-volvo-s60-you-call-that-an-air-conditioner.html
They also have returned thier S60, btw.
http://www.insideline.com/volvo/s60/2012/2012-volvo-s60-t5-long-term-test-wrap-up.html

1 - 13 of 13 Posts