SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone successfully done this? I have read that it will require resistors and/or relays to prevent the dash light from coming on. But I have no idea where those resistors/relays should go. I have also read that the lights simply will not work on a non-xenon equipped car (is this true?).

If anyone has any insight into this, I have a 2007 3.2 and would like to install the projector xenon's on my car. I purchased one of the lights, and am close to purchasing another. I have VIDA/DICE if that makes any difference...

Thanks in Advance!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Are you referring to installing projectile lights with factory xenons or installing aftermarket xenons?

FWIW, I installed aftermarket xenons with the halogen housings; though I'd prefer the xenon housings, except that the full functionality cannot be utilized; there is hardware that comes with the factory xenons with ABL that cannot be retrofitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am referring to putting in the factory xenons. I understand the ABL would not work, and am fine with that. Really, I miss HID's and want them for my XC90.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
According to a fairly resurfaced thread, the auto leveling function aims the headlights directly downward shortly after being turned on. One guy got it to work without the ABL, but my guess is he was a qualified electrician with a good knowledge of the headlight mechanics and wiring and spent many hours per light. A custom lights shop might get it to work, but that would be crazy expensive.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
According to a fairly resurfaced thread, the auto leveling function aims the headlights directly downward shortly after being turned on. One guy got it to work without the ABL, but my guess is he was a qualified electrician with a good knowledge of the headlight mechanics and wiring and spent many hours per light. A custom lights shop might get it to work, but that would be crazy expensive.
Yeah, I am aware it can be done. Just looking for the steps to do it since it has been done successfully.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts