21 - 40 of 212 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·

·
Registered
106 Posts
Great Job! I've made instructional videos in my job, and you did an amazing job, short and to the point.
My biggest phobia is removing snap in plastic parts, don't get me started on laser printers....

·
Registered
82 Posts
These are money ... def gonna help me out when I get back to Germany and start the mod process :D

·
Registered
839 Posts
one thing though, i tried to remove my grill and fog covers as per videos and it was tough.
i would actually recommend removing the entire bumper instead, that way you see exactly where the clips are and how they come out.
just my 2 cents

·
Registered
98 Posts
really? I just replaced mine a couple days ago, with prior instructions and help from all of you I went out and got it off in 1-3 minutes maxxx.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Every car is slightly different, so it could just be that the clips on my car are looser than y'alls. I've even seen people just yank their grilles out.... not exactly my cup of tea though.

But if you're willing to take it on, I would highly recommend taking the front bumper off, even if it's just for the learning experience. It really helps you see how a lot of the things on the front of the car are connected, which I find cool. I may make a video on that too, once I take it off to resume work on the custom front lip, last day of finals today!!! :D

·
Registered
10 Posts
These videos are fantastic. Thanks so much for taking the time to make these. I was able to remove the trim around the e-brake boot, but need to also remove the rubbere-brake handle so I can bring it inside and re-glue the boot to the trim. Any idea of how to get the rubber handle itself off? Do i need to remove the silver button first, or does it just slide over top? Mine is really stuck and I'm worried about breaking something.

Thanks.

·
Registered
621 Posts
this is a great thread! do more videos....haha. what else can i do?

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
More videos are on the way!!!!

I was able to remove the trim around the e-brake boot, but need to also remove the rubbere-brake handle so I can bring it inside and re-glue the boot to the trim. Any idea of how to get the rubber handle itself off? Do i need to remove the silver button first, or does it just slide over top?
I haven't removed the e-brake handle yet, so I'm unsure on how to do it. However, I have been meaning to remove it in the near future (I would like to replace the torn boot), so I will make a How-to video once I do.

By the way, welcome to SwedeSpeed!

got any vids for taking the console by the rearview out?
I haven't ventured any further than the large rectangular plate, as I've had no need to. If I ever take that part out, I will definitely do a video on it.

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
These videos are fantastic. Thanks so much for taking the time to make these. I was able to remove the trim around the e-brake boot, but need to also remove the rubber e-brake handle so I can bring it inside and re-glue the boot to the trim. Any idea of how to get the rubber handle itself off? Do i need to remove the silver button first, or does it just slide over top? Mine is really stuck and I'm worried about breaking something.

Thanks.
The rubber handle is not really meant to be removed. The e-brake boot is just stretched over it.

That said, you can remove it. It's held on by "barbs" built into the metal handle. First off it needs to be warm/soft/pliable. Next you need to slide two thin screwdrivers or such down the sides of the handle between the rubber & the metal. Now twist/pry/pull & you can work the rubber forward until it comes off. The button will most likely fly off at some point hopefully not breaking the mounting tabs that hold it in place. There is no good way to release the button with the rubber handle in place. :( To reinstall the rubber securely you will most likely need to pry the "barbs" out a bit more & maybe add some glue as well.

In other words, if there is nothing wrong with your handle, leave it alone.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
How does the <a href="http://www.heicosportiv.de/nextshopcms/cms-shop-artikel-liste.asp?mode=html&lang=en&e1=208&id=534&artikel_id=1767&modell_id=0&motor_id=0&getriebe_id=0&antrieb_id=0&baujahr=0&view=window">Heico brake handle</a> install then? Does it simply fit over the current ebrake handle?

·
Registered
4,373 Posts
I"m sure it replaces the rubber one. All I'm saying is that you shouldn't remove it unless you have to. It's not required to change the boot out.
My own rubber cover used to slide forward about an inch on warm days when I pulled the handle. I had it apart multiple times before I really got the jist of how it was supposed to work. Looking back it would have been easier to just cut the old rubber cover off & replace with new.

·
Super Moderator
15,188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Update: New video added on How To Remove Radio Controls, it can be seen in the original posting.

Is having all of the videos embedded causing any problems for people with slower connections? I could set it up as a list of links to youtube, if that would make things easier for y'all.

21 - 40 of 212 Posts