SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 212 Posts

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am NOT responsible for any damage you may cause to your car, removing parts is done at your own risk.

The following are all links to YouTube, embedded videos were removed to conserve bandwidth.

View even more how-to videos on MyNameIdeasWereTaken's youtube channel here: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL32799CD3DE37DF0E

A-pillar Removal
Automatic Shift Knob Removal
Autostart
Back Panel Removal
Bi-Xenon Bulb Replacement / Igniter Access
Button Plate Removal
Camber Arm Replacement
Ceiling Console Removal
Center Air Vent Removal
Center Speaker Removal
Cup Holder Removal
C30 Front Fender Arch Removal
C30 Hatch Trim Removal
C30 Rear Fender Arch Removal
Door Handle Removal
E-Brake Boot Removal (without removing the boot from the plastic frame)
Engine Mount Replacement
Factory Footwell Lighting
Fog Light Cover Removal
Front Bumper Removal
Front CV Axle Replacement
Fuel Pressure Sensor Replacement
FWD rear hub replacement
See more information on hub replacement here.
Gauge Frame Removal
Glove Box Removal
Grille Removal
Headlight Adjustment (alternative method)
Headlight Lens Removal
Headlight Removal
Headrest Removal
Hood Removal
How to Control Windows with the Lock Button
How to reset service indicator light
How to roll down all windows with the key fob
How to use homesafe lighting
Ignition Ring Removal
Intermittent AC Fix
Intermittent Door Controls (Wiring Harness Access)
License Plate Bulb Replacement
Light Switch Removal
Lower Control Arm Replacement
Manual Shift Knob Removal
Mirror Cap Removal
Close up of the inside of the mirror cap

A safer alternative to removing the mirror covers can be seen here.
Pedal Cover Installation
Radio Control Removal
Rear Shock Replacement
Seat Removal
Seat Skin Removal
Shift Knob Inlay Removal
Side Air Vent Removal
Software Tune Installation
Steering Column Cover Panel Removal
Steering Wheel Replacement
Trunk Light Removal
Throttle Body Removal
Transmission Torque Mount (Rear Motor Mount) Removal
V50 Tail Light Bulb Access
Waterfall Console Removal (for automatic cars without a shift boot)
Grom Audio's video for removing the console with the face lift interior.

Front view: the arrows are pointing to two "tabs." They simply slide behind the (in my case) aluminum waterfall. These are what I tried to "lift up" first, so that I could simply pull the entire piece out.

Back view: the arrows again point to the two tabs on the bottom, as well as two release tabs by the CD slot. If you can get the bottom tabs free first, then a soft yank will release these upper tabs.
Wheel Bearing Lock Brace
2004-2007 Key Fob Battery Access
2008+ Key Fob Battery Access

Other videos (not mine):

Elevate upper inlet manifold install
HID kit install (on a C30)
Manual shift knob and boot removal
Location of Power Steering Fluid reservoir
Headlight Disassembly and Lens Cleaning
Key Fob Battery Replacement
Driver's Airbag Removal
2.0D Air Filter Change
Pollen Filter Change
2.0D Throttle Body, IAT, MAP Sensor Cleaning
Changing fuel filter in 2.0D engine
Priming fuel system in 2.0D engine
Aux Input Install
Interior LED dome light convertion
How to check diesel glow plugs
How to check battery short circuit
Rear door squeak fix
Swapping Climate Control Module and upgrading radio knobs
Replacing pedal covers
Replacing front brake pads and rotors
Replacing front hub bearings
Cleaning vacuum valve air filter
Replacing foot well bulbs
Disassembling and cleaning EGR valve and cooler in 2.0D
Volvo V50 CEM / Ford Focus MK2 GEM connectors fix

·
Registered
753 Posts
These are really good man. Especially the grill one. People are always asking about that.

Sticky!

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
dude....DUDE!!!! THIS IS AWESOME.
you are like Macguyver with a butter knife....

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Hey was Going to ask You baout the - Shifter - Still being contected in Vid#3

Special Butter Knife - It's Quick & Slippery : :)

I Believe , You answered that with the Sifter Removal Vid Clip !

Please Pull the Entire Truck apart on a Wagon , I have only been able to get like Half of it out , Thanks
Nice Input !

Showing the Retaining Clips Up Close is a - Real Biggy - as many have never seen or done - a particular Retainer - , so that's Important.
Like the Retaining Clip - behind the Screen - It's Blind - so - Iffy Feely - someone will break It ! ( Show that Retainer ) or Mention If it's a Straight Pull Out
or Side Clasp , Bottom Clasp - It's a Lifter - It's a Push In style etc.
- Dam Nice Thou !

PS: Where Do I get One of those Extra Smooth - Butter Knives ? LOL

·
Registered
7,285 Posts
I spot an Audi next to you...get some video of that!

Great work!

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Special Butter Knife - It's Quick & Slippery : :)

I Believe , You answered that with the Sifter Removal Vid Clip !

Please Pull the Entire Truck apart on a Wagon , I have only been able to get like Half of it out , Thanks
Nice Input !

Showing the Retaining Clips Up Close is a - Real Biggy - as many have never seen or done - a particular Retainer - , so that's Important.
Like the Retaining Clip - behind the Screen - It's Blind - so - Iffy Feely - someone will break It ! ( Show that Retainer ) or Mention If it's a Straight Pull Out
or Side Clasp , Bottom Clasp - It's a Lifter - It's a Push In style etc.
- Dam Nice Thou !

PS: Where Do I get One of those Extra Smooth - Butter Knives ? LOL
Thanks for the input! I'm putting the major car projects on hold until after Christmas, but I'll probably be taking all these things apart again soon. I'll take some closer up videos in higher quality to add on to these, giving more detail with the more delicate parts. The main idea though, was just to give an add on video to other people's stickies. Pictures can only say so much when taking major things apart.

And that is an A4 in the back (which is recently sold). There's still a Passat, Tacoma, and Boxter Spyder though :)

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Sounds Excellent !

Just a little tweak about Retainers & Plugs - - - A+ Perfect !

Sounds Quality - A+
Clarity & Focus - A+

Subject Matter - Spot On !

Tempo - Is Perfect - don't Bog it down with to much Detail , It's the Short Vids that easy to Digest - Understand .
Just a 1 sec. focus on all Retainer and or Plugs .

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
Tempo - Is Perfect - don't Bog it down with to much Detail , It's the Short Vids that easy to Digest - Understand .
Just a 1 sec. focus on all Retainer and or Plugs .
Was it just the screen piece that you were curious about?

Two pictures of of that piece have been added next to the video ^^

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Hi, No the Expensive Part the Screen - Plug on back side - maybe it can be seen once the Rear Panel behind the Float Panel is removed - It just looked to be Blind
as far as getting a good look when Your working with just Fingers - to Figure Out . ( I'll Get it , but a lot of Persons won't )

White color plug . Looks to be ( Straight Pull Out with Top Clasp ) - a Top Clasp is Squeezed , a Top Lift Clasp might need a Screw Driver .

A List or Mentions for Quick Reference : ( Upper Clasp ) or ( Lower Clasp ) or ( Lift Clasp ) ( double squeeze Clasp) - Haaa - could Go On & On .
Hardware Removed : 20 Torx or 25, 30 - these of course to a lot of Self Helpers ,Fixers , Tuners will be self explanatory , but to Newbies & First Time doer's
this is Important .

Should have a List of Retainer Names & Plug Types ( Styles ) with Photo's - then - You could also just refer to the Style . `\ : - )
I won't say it's necessary to have the Correct Engineering name , but a Name most - Equate - to Unhooking .

Do Your Own CD's
You could be making : Money with These - Mike
Selling Repair Manuals on E-bay etc.

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Oh! yeah.... Once you push the screen through (it just pops out. The first time I did it, I just pulled the screen out from the front), the cable plugs are connected to the back of the screen. You have about 6inches of cable to work with, so once you have the screen pulled out, you can easily see the wiring plugs to remove them and fully remove the screen. The wiring connector plugs are just like all the other connectors in the car, push a small tab and pull.
It's kind of hard to explain, but you should be able to see the connectors clearly if you go about things in the same order that I did in the video. When you're looking at the plugs with their little claps, it's easy to see what to do to disconnect them, that's why I didn't show how to do that in the video.

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
Don't need to show How to do it ; Just mention the Style type & Hardware Type - kind of a small general tweak.

Seems some of the Connections I have run into - have No extra wire to move them about much .

Thanks Very Good Stuff !

·
Super Moderator
15,172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm sorry, there's just so many ways to word the clips and such, I'm lost on how to explain it in a way that everyone would understand. If you can come up with something, feel free to add to this post though :)

And I'm not really sure what to say if you don't have that extra bit of wire for play room. Maybe move the screen, just enough, to pull out the screws, and then move the waterfall panel (with the screen still in tact) just enough until you can get a better view of the connections running into the screen. I believe that's what another forum user did in one of their how-to stickies.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Thanks for these, especially the head light switch. I have been wanting to do this since I got a new switch for fog lights, no lights or anything yet, figured the other buttons would work till I get the software update

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 212 Posts