SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I searched globally but didn't find a thread.

2019 S90 T8 Inscription. How do you turn the audio system off? Why I'm wondering is if the hybrid/gas marker is dependent on how much juice you are using, why can't I turn the system off to power down the 1400w amp to save electrons? I can't find an off anywhere, just play/pause.

·
Registered
115 Posts
You realize that 1400w means peak power consumption right, ie if you turn it up to full blast. Just turn the volume down or hit the pause button, that will conserve all the electrons.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I do, was just hoping there was a way to shut the system off completely if desired.
It is interesting to watch the bold/drop line move down as you crank up the wattage.
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah I do, was just hoping there was a way to shut the system off completely if desired.
It is interesting to watch the bold/drop line move down as you crank up the wattage.
Thanks for the input.
Which bold line are you referring to? The one on the "tach"?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, meant to type bolt/drop, the divider between electrical demand and turning on the ICE. Yeah on the "tach".

·
Registered
115 Posts
Yeah, meant to type bolt/drop, the divider between electrical demand and turning on the ICE. Yeah on the "tach".
Ah I see. I recall seeing older T8 models would have the divider right smack dab in the middle at 12 o clock but on the 2019s the divider is closer to 11 o clock

·
Registered
637 Posts
Even if you were able to turn the radio off, it wouldn't turn the amplifier off, those always stay on.

Find the fuse and put a switch on it ;-)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah I guess that makes sense, the backup sensors and navi all use the B&W. Didn't think that far ahead.
And yeah, the bolt/drop divider is usually at 10-11 o'clock. With seats off, audio paused, a/c off, it's closer to 12. All depends on load.
I try to drive under the load divider, but this car is so much freaking fun it's hard to stay out of the vroom-vroom zone (yes i'm 47 and I say vroom-vroom).
Toasted my first BMW who then came up at the next stretch and revved at me. I know it's a heavy cop area so I backed off, he floored it, and found a cop. Oh well.
Still loving my car. I think I finally settled on a name.. The Tardis. It's blue (Magic Blue), and it's bigger on the inside (than most people think).
Thanks for the input.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I try to drive under the load divider, but this car is so much freaking fun it's hard to stay out of the vroom-vroom zone (yes i'm 47 and I say vroom-vroom).
LOL, same age and I didn't see anything wrong with saying vroom-vroom...in fact I still do the vroom-vroom every once in a while in this car, it is fun and I think the fact that this is a 4 cylinder engine makes it more rewarding (at lease mentally). :)

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Lol. Tardis is a great title for a big blue hunk of tech and metal. Enjoy it. I almost thought about getting it as a vanity plate, tho I would assume someone has it in every state already. The whovians are a large bunch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts