SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When the parking sensors are detecting an obstacle (for instance while exiting a narrow ramp or driving into a tight bent) I would like to turn also the 360 camera on, but it does not seem that easy. The sensors stay on. If I press on close, the sensors come back on as long as the obstacle is still there. The only solution I have found so far is to turn the 360 camera on in advance and then when I get close to the obstacle I have the camera and the sensors at the same time. However, what I would like is to be able to go to the camera plus sensors view once I have detected the obstacle with the sensors. Any view how to do that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
159 Posts
Turn 360 on at the start of your journey manually. Then any time you slow down to crawling speed it will come on.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Turn 360 on at the start of your journey manually. Then any time you slow down to crawling speed it will come on.
Doesn't it "reset" after a certain amount of time or speed? Could've sworn I've tried this and it never lasted the whole trip.

·
Registered
4,289 Posts
I think someone here mentioned a setting that once moved into gear "P", display 360 surrounding view instead of the rear cam view. Maybe that could help.

Edit: gear "P" should be "R".

·
Registered
138 Posts
I think someone here mentioned a setting that once moved into gear "P", display 360 surrounding view instead of the rear cam view. Maybe that could help.
I believe there is a setting in Sensus giving you some options about what happens when you put the truck into Reverse (rear-view cam vs 360), but not sure about setting for putting into Park "P".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
I don't believe it's possible - yet I wish it were automatic. To show the parking sensors without the available camera view is rather short-sighted, in my opinion. I know not all XC90's have the vision package, but marrying up the parking sensors and the camera views would be a much better resource.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
In my view this is something that can easily done with a software upgrade. In fact the single view with the 360 camera and the parking sensors already exists. It is just a matter being able to turn it on easily without having to turn the 360 camera manually before you approach an obstacle. Something to tell Volvo I guess.

Now on the point of the 360 camera coming up automatically, my experience is somehow different. If i turn it on to park the car and then switch the car off, lock it and leave it, when I turn the car on again the 360 camera is on even if I do not go into R. However, if I turn it on manually (or have it on from start automatically as in the previous scenario), when I slow down a snail pace it does not come on automatically (as I understand it does for others). Any ideas / experiences to share?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts