SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there a trick to just tilt the sunroof? When I pull the switch back (pull and release, not hold, with the shade already retracted), the sunroof opens all the way back. I have the manually push the lever forward just after the panel tilts up to stop it from going all the way back.

Thanks,

Jason

·
Registered
304 Posts
Is there a trick to just tilt the sunroof? When I pull the switch back (pull and release, not hold, with the shade already retracted), the sunroof opens all the way back. I have the manually push the lever forward just after the panel tilts up to stop it from going all the way back.

Thanks,

Jason
Open by pushing the control upward (not backward) once.
Close by pushing the control downward (not forward) once.

Backward/forward controls opening the panoramic roof.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Open by pushing the control upward (not backward) once.
Close by pushing the control downward (not forward) once.

Backward/forward controls opening the panoramic roof.
I like to just tilt the sunroof open, not open it or close it all the way.

·
Registered
170 Posts
I find the OP's comment interesting because of my experience. I find I always end up sliding back either the blind or the sunroof when I only want it tilted. For me it's the most single frustrating thing on what is otherwise a fantastic vehicle. I've tried it every which way. The multi function sunroof button I find small for my fingers and sensitive like a hair trigger so in my experience its easy to push the wrong function.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There's a slight difference between pushing the button up and pulling the button backwards. A slight push up (like poking your finger upwards at the button) will tilt. If you hook onto the button with your finger and pull backwards, then it will open the shade and twice will fully open the roof. If you poke upwards while the shade is closed, the roof will tilt and the shade will only retract slightly for ventilation!

·
Registered
997 Posts
I find the OP's comment interesting because of my experience. I find I always end up sliding back either the blind or the sunroof when I only want it tilted. For me it's the most single frustrating thing on what is otherwise a fantastic vehicle. I've tried it every which way. The multi function sunroof button I find small for my fingers and sensitive like a hair trigger so in my experience its easy to push the wrong function.
I agree...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I find pushing the button up (tilt open) is generally fine, but pulling down can be hard to distinguish from a forward push for my car. I agree the button is too small and the edge (for pulling down) at the end is too small.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts