SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There are few spaces in the glovebox compartment where small things might go missing - i had my mail box key that went into such gaps when I flinged it into the glovebox 🤦🏼‍♂️- having a hard time figuring out how to access the space below the glovebox to get the key.

Im sure this is a rare occurrence, has anyone ever tried to remove the glove box?

2021 xc60 t8

·
Registered
388 Posts
There is an underdash panel that comes off easy. Look for the two Torx 25 screws and remove them.
The panel has three alignment pins that friction fit into recepticals so next pull down near the firewall, then left and right sides.
Hopefully the key wiil fall to the floor.

If not the dash side panel is easy too.
Open the glove box door and slip a plastic pry tool in the gap between it and the dash substructure. It has three friction fit retainers, top, bottom and middle. Gently pry it away working it a little at a time.
With that off you can look behind the glove box with a flashlight through holes.

Hope this works otherwise report back if needed.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
There is an underdash panel that comes off easy. Look for the two Torx 25 screws and remove them.
The panel has three alignment pins that friction fit into recepticals so next pull down near the firewall, then left and right sides.
Hopefully the key wiil fall to the floor.

If not the dash side panel is easy too.
Open the glove box door and slip a plastic pry tool in the gap between it and the dash substructure. It has three friction fit retainers, top, bottom and middle. Gently pry it away working it a little at a time.
With that off you can look behind the glove box with a flashlight through holes.

Hope this works otherwise report back if needed.

Thanks for the detailed steps!!
will try it out and let you know

1 - 4 of 4 Posts