SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
C70 2000 convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
give me advice. I try take apart jewel headlights. I removed glass and not reflectable part (same color as reflector).
But I do not know how remove reflector. It seems that it holds at three points. One is fix, and another two are adjustors (horizontal/vertical?).

I am attaching a few pictures. first two pictures is the same adjustor, but another view. Pic 3 si other adjustor.

Can you help me how to remove reflector?
Thanks

·
Registered
17,473 Posts
Basically don’t.

The three attachment points are the corner pictured, the adjuster and a center top pivot. The top pivot is very fragile and almost always breaks off.

Why are you trying to take them apart?

·
Registered
C70 2000 convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Due to restoration of the reflectable layer. The company, which does chrome plating of plastics wants only reflectors.

·
Registered
17,473 Posts

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
+1

I can't speak specifically of this particular model's mounts. Having said that, those ball and socket attachments are not unique. Most freeform reflectors are affixed at 3 points like that, 1 fixed, and 2 attached to yaw and pitch adjusters. If you have a household hair dryer, use its low setting to reduce the chance of brittle cracking. Don't use high or industry grade heat gun, as it is difficult to tell when there is too much heat.

Take your time to find the right shape of long nose plier that can gradually wedge itself between the gap between the ball and socket mechanism. Sneak in a few turns of tape around the ball assembly's perimeter and gently clamp on it with the pliers. Use lever arm movements to push the socket assembly (that is affixed with the reflector) farther away from the ball assembly. It should pop out.

·
Registered
C70 2000 convertible
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much for your advice. I'll try it over the weekend.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts