SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Post this as a formal question here, copied from another sub-forum:

FusionRedXC60:

Do you know if this could somehow send multiple address to Sensus?

08-15-2020, 09:41 PM #82
WhoaVolvo
VOC / Connectivity Expert

You can send more than one... Out of the box.

08-16-2020, 01:36 AM #83
FusionRedXC60

tried and only the last one shows up in Sensus nav library received list.

08-16-2020, 09:53 AM #84
Gary-16-Xc90

I confirmed @FusionRedSC90 conclusion above with my MY16.

In my multiple sequential tests, the last destination sent (in a series of sending multiple destinations) is retained. In the same setting, I sent Golden Gate Arches (St. Louis, MO) where VOC app confirmed that destination was received; and then I sent Arrowhead Stadium (KCMO) where VOC app confirmed that the destination was also received.

When I went to the car, turned on ignition to Mode 1, only Arrowhead Stadium was received in Library. Golden Gate Archway was not present in the Library.

If I sent the first one and turn on the ignition, the first one is received and retained. If I shut the car off, and send the second one, the second one is also received and retained.

Interestingly and as an aside, if the car's ignition is in Mode 1 (on, not started), the VOC app times out after a couple minutes with a message in red saying "Could not contact your Volvo).

For the short-term, it seems one needs to set up the itinerary while in the car. Hopefully, this limitation and/or sending multiple destinations and having the Volvo retain those multiple destinations (rather than just the last one) can be resolved. Could it be a Volvo USA implementation issue?

·
Registered
437 Posts
Post this as a formal question here, copied from another sub-forum:

FusionRedXC60:

Do you know if this could somehow send multiple address to Sensus?

08-15-2020, 09:41 PM #82
WhoaVolvo
VOC / Connectivity Expert

You can send more than one... Out of the box.

08-16-2020, 01:36 AM #83
FusionRedXC60

tried and only the last one shows up in Sensus nav library received list.

08-16-2020, 09:53 AM #84
Gary-16-Xc90

I confirmed @FusionRedSC90 conclusion above with my MY16.

In my multiple sequential tests, the last destination sent (in a series of sending multiple destinations) is retained. In the same setting, I sent Golden Gate Arches (St. Louis, MO) where VOC app confirmed that destination was received; and then I sent Arrowhead Stadium (KCMO) where VOC app confirmed that the destination was also received.

When I went to the car, turned on ignition to Mode 1, only Arrowhead Stadium was received in Library. Golden Gate Archway was not present in the Library.

If I sent the first one and turn on the ignition, the first one is received and retained. If I shut the car off, and send the second one, the second one is also received and retained.

Interestingly and as an aside, if the car's ignition is in Mode 1 (on, not started), the VOC app times out after a couple minutes with a message in red saying "Could not contact your Volvo).

For the short-term, it seems one needs to set up the itinerary while in the car. Hopefully, this limitation and/or sending multiple destinations and having the Volvo retain those multiple destinations (rather than just the last one) can be resolved. Could it be a Volvo USA implementation issue?
I've found the same thing. Fortunately I can map out the itinerary sitting at home then just send them one at a time to Sensus sitting in the car with the ignition set to II by using the history. More time consuming than it having a simple queue of locations to add when you start up next but not as bad as entering them into Sensus directly.

·
Registered
891 Posts
I believe you find them in destinations, favorites, received addresses or something.
Don’t recall exactly the order but they are there. They even have a car with cloud icon on it. Let me know if you don’t find it I’ll take a few pictures of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I believe you find them in destinations, favorites, received addresses or something.
Don’t recall exactly the order but they are there. They even have a car with cloud icon on it. Let me know if you don’t find it I’ll take a few pictures of it.

The list is called received list under library. I see the last address there but never see a cloud icon anywhere.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
891 Posts
The list is called received list under library. I see the last address there but never see a cloud icon anywhere.

Sent from my Z978 using Tapatalk
Interesting
Only one last address and not the history ?

Something seems off then.

What vehicle are we talking about 90 or 60?

I’m quoting MY18 XC90

·
Registered
437 Posts
Interesting
Only one last address and not the history ?

Something seems off then.

What vehicle are we talking about 90 or 60?

I’m quoting MY18 XC90

For me it's a 60 and, no, I only see the last one unless I'm sitting there with the car on when I send them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts