SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not sure if anyone will use it but it's good to know just in case.

·
Registered
1,641 Posts
:thumbup:

·
Registered
143 Posts
Not sure if anyone will use it but it's good to know just in case.

Thanks Fringe09, just one step that was missing which I had to figure out, step 5

1) Switch on ignition, don't step on the brakes
2) Press the button for decreasing the cruise control speed "-". Steering wheel left control pad.
3) With the "-" button still pressed, step on the brake and start the engine.
4) Wait for the information signal to start flashing on the dash (an orange "I")
5) While the "I" is flashing depress the Trip Meter button used to reset your trip meter.
6) You get a message the service maintenance has been reset

Thank you so much!

·
Registered
218 Posts
Clearing "Maintenance Required" message

I did an oil change (not at a volvo dealer). I've scoured the manual but can't find how to reset the "Maintenance Required" message to tell the car I've completed the 10,000 mile service. Any ideas?

·
Super Moderator
3,749 Posts
Also, there was a thread posting this video and a user mentioned this:
Thanks Fringe09, just one step that was missing which I had to figure out, step 5

2) Press the button for decreasing the cruise control speed "-". Steering wheel left control pad.
4) Wait for the information signal to start flashing on the dash (an orange "I")
5) While the "I" is flashing depress the Trip Meter button used to reset your trip meter.
6) You get a message the service maintenance has been recent

Thank you so much!
Here's the original thread with the video.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Seems a bit like the secret handshake club..

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
I don't know about other brands, but to my knowledge all Volvo's have a "secret" way to clear this message.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Also, there was a thread posting this video and a user mentioned this:

Here's the original thread with the video.
WTH! Cruise control buttons are on the left hand side of the steering and so is the start button. This means then crossing hands and using the right hand to press the cruise control button so the left can start the car while cruise control decrease button is pressed, and after starting using the same left hand to reset the trip meter!

Blimey!

Edit: With Sensus being like a computer, why couldn't they simply have a setting that said: Reset Maintenance Message and then allow us to confirm it twice before it resets? Blistering barnacles!

·
Registered
845 Posts
I don't know about other brands, but to my knowledge all Volvo's have a "secret" way to clear this message.
Most cars have a "secret" process to reset service notifications. Ours just seems a bit more obscure and complex than most cars I have had. I am happy to know the drill, although I won't need it until my car is out of warranty.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Resetting the Service Reminder . . .

2016 Momentum+. Just took it in for its 10K oil change & all updates . . . all went well, no issues and its a couple of days later. The dealer apparently forgot to reset the Service Reminder message on the dash. How do I do it?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Thank you, Christopher. Successfully reset.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Reset Service/Maintenance Notice

Had my 20,000 service completed prior to the service notice appearing in the Sensus screen. Now it pops up on the screen at every start-up. Dealer didn't reset it.

Any way to reset that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
527 Posts
All doors closed. Quickly flick the start knob with foot off brake. Hold the cruise down arrow and start the car, continue holding cruise down arrow. You'll get a message saying it was reset if you did it correctly

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

·
Registered
120 Posts
Thanks for linking. Worked perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
26 Posts

6) You get a message the service maintenance has been reset

Thank you so much!
I can't get this to work on a 2017 T8. Is there a different procedure?

·
Registered
125 Posts
I can't get this to work on a 2017 T8. Is there a different procedure?
I don't think so. I did it just last week and it worked.
My car begun to tell me it needed it's first maintenance. I asked for a service with Sensus. The request came tot the dealer but he did not respond. I had to go there myself to finalize the appointment.
Meanwhile my car showed I needed maintenance at every start up. Since I only have an appointment early November I wanted to get rid of the annoying message. I used the method shown in the first post here and it worked.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts