SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way to reset the adaptive gearbox mapping like in BMW. I feel that my V90CC is much less responsive than my XC90 and I'm hoping that resetting the gearbox would address this.

I had the same situation in my previous BMWs and resetting the mapping worked like a charm.

Thanks!

·
Registered
321 Posts
Hi,

I'm wondering if there's a way to reset the adaptive gearbox mapping like in BMW. I feel that my V90CC is much less responsive than my XC90 and I'm hoping that resetting the gearbox would address this.

I had the same situation in my previous BMWs and resetting the mapping worked like a charm.

Thanks!
Don’t know how to reset mapping BUT one sure fire solution is getting the polestar upgrade for the CC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
311 Posts
If it's a t6/t8 and Dynamic or an Individual mode based on Dynamic doesn't cut it, go Polestar. The transmission mapping is night and day more aggressive than those without it. It'll hold lower gears longer (sometimes a little too long) and is more aggressive overall. It's designed to keep the supercharger/turbo combo on boil when you're wringing it out.

I kinda wish they took it a step further like some other manufacturers have and linked the mapping to the navigation map data so it'd know to hold a gear through a fast sweeper, but I'll take what I can get for now.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Hi,

Thanks!
I think disconnecting the Battery terminals for some time should do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If it's a t6/t8 and Dynamic or an Individual mode based on Dynamic doesn't cut it, go Polestar. The transmission mapping is night and day more aggressive than those without it. It'll hold lower gears longer (sometimes a little too long) and is more aggressive overall. It's designed to keep the supercharger/turbo combo on boil when you're wringing it out.

I kinda wish they took it a step further like some other manufacturers have and linked the mapping to the navigation map data so it'd know to hold a gear through a fast sweeper, but I'll take what I can get for now.
The Polestar upgrade on my D5 didn't fix the gearbox hesitation, a gearbox remapping by the dealer did though. Having said that is still pretty slow compared to my old BMW 640D GC, that was never caught out and was always fast to change gears.

The gearbox is so poor on mine I regret buying the car sometimes.

·
Registered
183 Posts
In another thread of the XC90 forum I have the impression that it was mentioned that you can reset (not sure if it is the same as remap) your gearbox by selective on stand still Off Rode mode and then drive fast past the limit of Off Road mode and enter comfort mode. Not sure if it is working but you have nothing to loose by trying it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts