SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some time this long weekend and replaced fog lights, and rear turning bulbs, but the manual notes to have it done only by a volvo technician when it comes to the side markers (along with xenon and some interior bulbs) Is that difficult? anyone here has some experience. TIA.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Re: how to replace side marker bulbs (MY07 /mirror housing) ? (Asfalto)

I'm just speculating here, but I read that the silver mirror covers from the accessory catalog are user-installable, which makes me think that because the mirror turn signal bulbs are LED, Volvo didn't bother to make them user-replaceable because in theory they should not burn out for a while (like the xenons). <p>

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: how to replace side marker bulbs (Cabot)

Tks Cabot, good point on the silver mirror covers being user-installable, I will investigate this weekend, if I figured how to remove the covers, I should be able to replace the current bulbs with the chrome/silver 5W5 turning bulbs I have. The OEM bulbs look like std filament to me, but I might be wrong. <br>In any case, I will give a try this weekend!

·
Registered
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: how to replace side marker bulbs (Cabot)

Cabot, indeed it worked out. I arrived early today and I just replaced both in 6 minutes. It helped to check the instructions to replace the covers:<br><A HREF="http://vccs.volvocars.se/accessories/feb_release/vccsMawebTransform.asp?type=html&uid=a62cfee7-7007-4813-abfa-972691486927&culturecode=en-GB" TARGET="_blank">http://vccs.volvocars.se/acces...en-GB</A><p>but I didn't have to remove the mirrors, I just very carefully removed the covers, they are three clips in the cover, two on the lower front and one on the side. Once the cover is out, I just replaced bulbs and put the cover back. Very straight forward.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts