SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

How to replace parking brake shoes 20016 S60R

3K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  billqueenis 
#1 · (Edited)
How to replace parking brake shoes 2006 S60R

Last week, ViVA Performance was offering special discounted prices on brake parts. I decided to take advantage of this sale, and bought new rear parking brake shoes, and Hawk Performance 5.0 street pads.

I am young person with a very big passion for cars, and love to work on cars. I am slowly taking on jobs on my car, and on my parents cars so that I can learn and gain confidence working on cars. Earlier this fall I replaced the front struts on my dads S60R, I enjoyed all of it, except the part of working in a cold garage, haha.

I have done brakes on cars before, but never on an R. I have done brakes on my dad's friends 2013 Viper, and on my 2010 Volvo XC60. I found the brakes on my XC60 to be fairly easy, except for one stripped rotor screw on the front, and the rear electronic parking brake. I have watched plenty of videos on how to do the pads on the R, and it looks pretty straighforward.

- Hammer out the pins
- Remove the spring
- Put a rag on the exterio of the caliper, and compress the pad into the caliper with a pair of pliers. ( remove the caliper if absolutely necessary and pistons do not compress.)

The only part that I cannot figure out to replace is the rear parking brake shoes. I was wondering if anybody has done these before, or if anybody has videos that could help me in replacing the rear parking brake shoes.

Any help would be appreciated.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you so much!

#6 ·

This is the way.

#7 ·
I recently replaced the brake pads on my 2006 S60R, and I made a youtube video about it. Not sure if it sparks any interest here or not. Here is part 1, Rear Pads and Parking Brake shoes. Part 2 will be the front pads, and is coming soon!

#8 ·
Here is part 2

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.