SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
How to replace parking brake shoes 2006 S60R

Last week, ViVA Performance was offering special discounted prices on brake parts. I decided to take advantage of this sale, and bought new rear parking brake shoes, and Hawk Performance 5.0 street pads.

I am young person with a very big passion for cars, and love to work on cars. I am slowly taking on jobs on my car, and on my parents cars so that I can learn and gain confidence working on cars. Earlier this fall I replaced the front struts on my dads S60R, I enjoyed all of it, except the part of working in a cold garage, haha.

I have done brakes on cars before, but never on an R. I have done brakes on my dad's friends 2013 Viper, and on my 2010 Volvo XC60. I found the brakes on my XC60 to be fairly easy, except for one stripped rotor screw on the front, and the rear electronic parking brake. I have watched plenty of videos on how to do the pads on the R, and it looks pretty straighforward.

- Hammer out the pins
- Remove the spring
- Put a rag on the exterio of the caliper, and compress the pad into the caliper with a pair of pliers. ( remove the caliper if absolutely necessary and pistons do not compress.)

The only part that I cannot figure out to replace is the rear parking brake shoes. I was wondering if anybody has done these before, or if anybody has videos that could help me in replacing the rear parking brake shoes.

Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
857 Posts
That thread is broken now, none of the pictures load. Is that because of the new forum software?
Yes, the forum must be using a different formatting for images. Since it's likely broken across the entire forum, my guess is they'll fix it. It's almost like they forgot to allow for HTML in posts.

·
Registered
247 Posts

This is the way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts