SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

Registered
Having looked at these facelifted units online - or what I think they may be - at the moment I'm inclined to keep it original. I know that cupholder hinged lid is a weak point, so I'll just have to be careful with it 馃お. But at least I can get spares quite cheaply (!!) if I break it... My main concern now is the scratches to the textured areas of the centre console. I think I'll attempt to repaint it as I'm assuming a new unit would be really expensive.
Dang, flash, didn't realize you had the Atacama interior! Best color combo IMO. FWIW my wife calls that color "brown" if that makes you feel any less self (?) conscious about it. I was going to volunteer pictures of the removal as I just sourced an updated center console, but it looks like you already got it worked out. Your interior looks super clean so it may be worth shelling out for new components, but as mine has quite the, uh, "patina" used was the most fitting option. If @The Driver has a right hand drive console, it is a substantial upgrade, IMHO, the fit and finish are markedly improved.

... Now that I'm typing it and fully realizing you're UK based, please excuse my American, I meant to say "best colour combo."

Registered
I didn't even consider this (that the PB would be on the driver's side). I'd stick with what you have and since you know how to remove it now, prep and repaint with a more durable finish. Someone on here a few years back redid a VR and did this. SEM paint? Is that the term? It looked like a decent match.

Registered
I didn't even consider this (that the PB would be on the driver's side). I'd stick with what you have and since you know how to remove it now, prep and repaint with a more durable finish. Someone on here a few years back redid a VR and did this. SEM paint? Is that the term? It looked like a decent match.
They sold a lot of P2s in the UK. The consoles are all around eBay. Finding an atacama lid will be the hardest part but I think that's the same LHD/RHD. The parking brake boot idk if thats LHD specific.

Reactions: FlashGreen

Registered
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
When I took out the console, it was obvious the steel frame between the seats is drilled on both sides to take LH or RH Parking Brake as needed. After that, a lot of the bits I removed were handed - including the console, the PB gaiter and trim, the plastic plate around the geartronic lever and even the pen-holder !

Registered
C'mon. You need to get with the program and be part of the the auto 22C crowd (72F here)! With a car that clean, rarely ever touching the CCM is a good thing.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
took me a while to get that !! Ok - I'll dial it up a bit, select Auto :) and try not to touch it again! But then again I have to touch the controls if only to load a new MiniDisc and find the best sound settings :D

Registered
Wait... what? Pic please.
took me a while to get that !! Ok - I'll dial it up a bit, select Auto :) and try not to touch it again! But then again I have to touch the controls if only to load a new MiniDisc and find the best sound settings :D

Registered
2004 V70 T5M
Japan market cars had minidisc slots

Registered
2004 V70 T5M
And maybe instead of a subwoofer you should鈥檝e been able to option a turntable under the trunk floor lol

Registered
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
I was relieved that both the CD and MiniDisc players still work. The lack of FM range on the radio is unfortunate but not a show stopper 馃お

Registered
Even the flashacama owners face the same issues we do... LOL

21 - 36 of 36 Posts