SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the 10 spokes 19' alloy wheels, which are quite nice but stick out a bit. Coming out of an insanely narrow garage exit I made a minor scratch on the back right wheel. Can anybody suggest a product / kit to repair Volvo wheels? There seems to be quite a few on the market, promising amazing results. Is there anything Volvo itself sells or suggests? I guess this may be a common problems for those of us who live in Europe, considering the large size of the car and some narrow passages we have to go through on our daily journeys. The risk of scratching is increased by the fact that while the car is big, the handling is that of a much smaller car (which otherwise is a great feature). Any suggestions are welcome.

·
Super Moderator
39,263 Posts
Contact your local Volvo retailer; they have vendors that specialize in such specific repairs. Usually (depending on level of damage) they can be repaired back to original form.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. I will ask them the question the next time I visit the dealership. However, the scratching is so minor that I was wondering whether I could fix it with a repair kit.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Thanks. I will ask them the question the next time I visit the dealership. However, the scratching is so minor that I was wondering whether I could fix it with a repair kit.
In the US, we have mobile repair vendors that will repair minor wheel damage at your home or place of work. Given how common damage is, I would consider waiting 1-2 years and having any additional damage fixed at one time. It would be more efficient and cheaper.

·
Registered
487 Posts
In the US, we have mobile repair vendors that will repair minor wheel damage at your home or place of work. Given how common damage is, I would consider waiting 1-2 years and having any additional damage fixed at one time. It would be more efficient and cheaper.
After careful review, this was the only extended warranty item that made sense financially to me and that I opted for. I think Tires and Wheels and Windshields end up taking the most abuse and the price was low enough to basically justify the cost of 1 tire replacement, so I went in on it. Might be worth seeing what the policy is (if you were to opt in now and if your car is relatively new). Not sure what would be covered in this case.

·
Registered
101 Posts
had a pretty nasty curd rash today, wondering if I don't do anything know, what could be the damage down the road 2 years from now? Will it cause any corrosion?

Do you know any vendors in New Jersey that I may call to get a quote at least?

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Saw a mobile vendor working outside my local dealership. He was there doing repairs.
I asked him about repairing my damage and for minor wheel work he quoted me a fee of $75.00/wheel.....
That seemed very reasonable!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts