SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Encouraged by the fact that she as good compression, I'm ready to start digging into getting her wiring sorted out.

She has her original ignition switch, compete with the armored cable still attached, but the cable has been cut and wiring hacked in to allow a non-stock coil to be used.

I got up under the dash yesterday but couldn't see a clear way to remove the switch. Any ideas? It isn't cover in the Haynes manual (I did check before asking).

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,579 Posts
Re: How to remove original ignition switch & armored cable? (tdskip)

There's a little button on the switch body, immediately behind the dash at about the 10 o'clock position. Turn the key to the RUN position and push in the button (it can be quite stiff). That releases the tumbler and the chrome bezel along with it.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Re: How to remove original ignition switch & armored cable? (Phil Singher)

Hi guys - I don't have the key and I tried a screw driver without any luck. So I think I'm stuck doing the the hard way (what ever that is).

Thanks

Modified by tdskip at 1:26 PM 3-21-2009

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Re: How to remove original ignition switch & armored cable? (tdskip)

Quote, originally posted by tdskip »
Thanks George - those look like rivets. Yes/no?

Should I plan on drilling them out?

Those are screws that hold the lock and cable assembly rigid to the dash.
If you take them out you maybe able to turn the lock assembly and see the pin that has to be depressed to remove the lock cylinder. You may then be able to figure out how to get it apart.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.