SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
How to remove interior fuse panel/CEM? No power at #63 (RR lock/window)

Hi all,

My window and door lock aren't working in my rear passenger door. After searching here, I figured the problem was probably at the harness connector between the door and B pillar, seems somewhat common. Unfortunately that's not my issue. I removed the connector, cleaned and greased it, but the problem remains. I then moved on to the fuse box to make sure the door is getting power. Lo and behold... it's not. No power at fuse #63. I confirmed the fuse is good, it's just not getting any juice.

Unless someone has a better idea, I'm planning to try to remove the whole fuse panel for a closer look. Has anybody done this? Any tips or tricks? I know step 1 is to disconnect the battery, but I haven't looked at it much yet to figure out where to go from there.

Thanks in advance for any help.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Update... I got it out. It was pretty easy actually, just gotta undo all the harness connectors, top and bottom, and then lift the ears out of their "cradles" that it swings down from.

I opened the case up per the instructions in the thread I linked above and didn't see any obvious problems. I potentially found a short with the multimeter, as the lower connections for #s 62 and 63 had no resistance between them. I don't know if it's supposed to be that way or not, but I didn't find any other direct connections to #63. If it's not magically fixed when I put it back together, I guess I'll have to replace the whole thing. Oh well, at least I'm on the right track (I think).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts