SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Volvo S40 2.4i
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey guys! Last time I was at my favorite local junkyard, I came across an '08 S40 with GORGEOUS wood trim and I went back today to get the center console for my '05. While there, I decided to make a short video (click here) on how to remove this center console. I hope this helps someone! I got my original info on how to take it out from this post in the Swedespeed forums.

(NOTE - the console I removed was from an '08 model; if you're removing one from an earlier model, the procedure is the exact same EXCEPT that there are two extra T20 torx screws you need to unscrew that are located under the plastic piece that houses your 12V outlet and traction control button, but this plastic piece is easily removed just by prying it off!)

Happy driving! (Bean pic just because I love her)

Wheel Tire Car Sky Vehicle

·
Registered
237 Posts
Link doesnt work. And i think there are a few videos already how to remove the waterfall

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
That's Nordic Oak. The most rare and valuable trim set for our cars. Hopefully, you pulled everything. Your car can't use the center console piece, but it's worth saving IMHO.

For reference on how rare and desirable Nordic Oak is, I sold a set to a SS user who was all the way in Australia a while back.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk

Reactions: BKXC90

·
3,986 Posts
Looks good, always prefer the shortened quick/cliped how too's over the long ones. One piece of advice, if you're going to pull interior stuff apart you NEED bone tools. Get a good set Bojo bone tools off eBay or the site direct.

Reactions: chikkipop

·
Registered
2005 Volvo S40 2.4i
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's Nordic Oak. The most rare and valuable trim set for our cars. Hopefully, you pulled everything. Your car can't use the center console piece, but it's worth saving IMHO.

For reference on how rare and desirable Nordic Oak is, I sold a set to a SS user who was all the way in Australia a while back.

Sent from my HD1907 using Tapatalk
Yep, someone let me know about Nordic Oak's rarity in the video comments, now I feel even luckier to have gotten it!

·
Registered
2005 Volvo S40 2.4i
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nice video. I always enjoy seeing stuff like this.
I also have an 05. Sooner or later your going to have to fix the head liner. Have fun. Greg
Oh yes, headliner is a mess right now. Hopefully that'll get fixed soon... and I really need an interior deep clean while I'm at it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts