SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it possible to attach a PDF to a post?

I have put together a set of instructions explaining how to remove a tail light from a 2019 XC60 T5 Momentum and (if it is possible) can attached it as a PDF.

·
Registered
16,846 Posts
You’d have to have the image or file hosted somewhere and then the link would allow others to download it.

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
Thanks for the information

WOW need to disassemble half of the cargo space to remove the Tail Light
Similar to accessing a fuse box

This is stupid design and solution

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Seems to be similar to what the other car makers are also doing. I was talking to someone yesterday who had to remove the bumper before he could replace a tail light on a Toyota.

·
Registered
16,846 Posts
What?? That’s insanity. What have we come to? I suppose with the advancements in lighting manufacturers think nobody will need to access bulbs for a very long time, but wow.
Every time I am working on something that is so weird like that I remark, “I would NEVER design something like this.” LOL
Seems to be similar to what the other car makers are also doing. I was talking to someone yesterday who had to remove the bumper before he could replace a tail light on a Toyota.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The Q5 is a generation older so not a useful benchmark or helpful comparison.
LED lights mean access is no longer required frequently within the vehicles life.
This design is the outcome of a normal design evolution as technologies evolve.
Many components were once mounted for easy access and replacement. This is not the case under the hood of a Q5!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
The Q5 is a generation older so not a useful benchmark or helpful comparison.
LED lights mean access is no longer required frequently within the vehicles life.
This design is the outcome of a normal design evolution as technologies evolve.
Many components were once mounted for easy access and replacement. This is not the case under the hood of a Q5!
It's true that it's from an older generation, but it's the same with the new model.
This is just an indication of how simple solutions are

Same with the fuses in the luggage compartment, remove the cover in Q5 you have access for 30 seconds and you can replace the fuse. This is not a case of a XC60
For the XC60 you need a tool, experience and at least 1 hour or more to replace the fuse

Attachments

1 - 10 of 10 Posts