SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently updated one of my maps and now my sensus system is stuck on constantly attempting to install the map. Regardless of how many times I have turned my vehicle on/off, the map will not install and it won't allow any other map installations. Anyone know how to reboot the system? Maybe this will help? Unless it's another problem?

·
Registered
25 Posts
I recently updated one of my maps and now my sensus system is stuck on constantly attempting to install the map. Regardless of how many times I have turned my vehicle on/off, the map will not install and it won't allow any other map installations. Anyone know how to reboot the system? Maybe this will help? Unless it's another problem?
Once you finished the map download, did you disconnect your car from the internet? I find that my map updates won't install unless I'm still connected.

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
Maybe try the old, "Disconnect the Battery terminals for 5 mins. and put them back." trick. It might help. If not, the dealership should be able to sort it out for you.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Fwiw, when I updated 2 regional map sections on my SPA xc90 last April via USB stick from the link below, it took a few days. The update link (below) states:
The Volvo does need to have power to it for the maps to update. If the update has not finished before you need to turn off the car, simply leave the USB drive in the port and it will resume the next time the car is turned on. Depending on the file size of the update it may take over 2 hours in your Volvo.
http://volvo.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9378

Since I don't use the vehicle for more than 1 hour per day, it may be the reason why the update process takes a long time.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Maps that install via USB should only require you leaving/locking the car for five minutes to complete.

HOWEVER.... I did end up turning my navigation upside down (Similar to what you are reporting OP) the other day in my S60 after installing maps which required me to connect to VIDA and clear out ALL maps and start over.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Once you finished the map download, did you disconnect your car from the internet? I find that my map updates won't install unless I'm still connected.
Yes, I've turned off the modem and nothing happens. Weird thing is it says that the map iteration I installed for East Canada is version 1260, which is the latest.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe try the old, "Disconnect the Battery terminals for 5 mins. and put them back." trick. It might help. If not, the dealership should be able to sort it out for you.
K, will try this. Is there an order here? Negative or positive first? And the opposite when reconnecting?

·
Registered
2018 Volvo V90CC T6
1,039 Posts
K, will try this. Is there an order here? Negative or positive first? And the opposite when reconnecting?
Yes. To remove, Negative first and then Positive. And the exact opposite when reconnecting the battery. This might also reset all your other memory and information on the Vehicle.

P. S. - I have never done this to my Volvo so I do not exactly know what all it resets. Also, our Vehicles have 2 batteries. Maybe someone here can educate us as to which exact terminals to disconnect and then reconnect.

·
Registered
96 Posts
This. I tried a bunch of things to get unstuck from a bad map install. I eventually disconnected the battery (just the negative terminal) for 10 minutes or so. That cleared it.

Note that I reinstalled using a new faster USB drive. That made the install MUCH faster - and it actually worked.

·
Registered
879 Posts
Just disconnect the negative for a few minutes. Nothing else is required to be removed.

If this fails, you will have to have the dealer use VIDA and delete the current map install that seems to be corrupt.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts