SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Car leaks at passenger foot. Sunroof drain flows freely. Windshield was replaced couple months back. They pointed out the rubber pieces at exterior bottom corners were cracked up and missing part. Car leaks in car wash, also if I spray water with a hose at the bottom corner of the windshield. I read how the metal c shaped channel that goes along the entire bottom of the windshield may be allowing water to go around the glass there. Before I ask the windshield replacement company to please retry installation, thought I would install the new rubber parts that appear to channel water away.

So the question: How does this rubber part install. It looks like there are just two "thumb tack" looking pins that hold it in per side. Are these just pried up? Ay advice welcome.

C

·
Registered
13,189 Posts
I replaced that part a few years ago but that wasn't it in my situation. The pins do pry up and it's pretty easy to replace it. I also installed new windshield trim clips as they don't work so well if the windshield has been replaced a couple of times.

You also may want to remove the cowl, if you can remove the wiper arms, to access the HVAC fresh air flange. There is a gasket where it mounts in the firewall that sometimes leaks.

If your carpet is wet it's pretty easy to remove the passenger side carpet and pad - it will dry quicker if it's outside the car.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I should be getting parts on Tuesday.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts