SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Start by unlocking your car, opening your car door and pulling on the hood release lever :rolleyes:

Starting at the passenger side, emov
e three 13mm bolts from the strut tower and wipe the area clean

Place the strut plate onto the strut tower, install three bolts halfway to align the strut plate properly, and
torque down

Over at the driver side, remove three 13mm bolts from the strut tower and slide in the strut bracket

Install the three bolts in halfway to align the bracket , and torque them down.

Place the strut bar into the brackets and slide in the passenger side bolt. Due to the torquing down of the bracket, the strut brace may not align properly.

I simply used my pickle fork to pry apart the bracket until the bar slipped into place

Now there is a slight problem with clearance issues. The ground wires bolted to the chassis won't allow the strut bar bolt to slide in completely

I removed the 8mm ground wire bolt, removed the wires, put the bolt back in halfway and hammered it down slightly, just enough to clear the strut bolt

Once the strut bolt slid into place, I used an allen key to hold it in position and used a 17mm boxhead wrench to tighten the strut bar bolt.

I then used a hammer to tilt the ground wire bracket back into place, and reattached the ground wires to the chassis

Go back to the passenger side and tighten down the strut bar bolt.

And there you have it, took me a mere 20 minutes for the whole thing :D

·
Registered
207 Posts
nice job, can't wait for mine to arrive in Holland. But it will be at customs for 1 or 2 weeks :( and ofcourse they want money, but still cheaper then in Holland).

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Nice "how to" bar looks very good!

·
Registered
8,379 Posts
What - hammer !

Cough , so How do the - Pretension-er Work - Now ?

Seems You got Yourself in a Bit of a Pickle . :p

I Mean - do You think for : Future - Workability on Vehicle - Possible relocation of those Grounds might be in Order ?

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I set my pre-tensioners to the widest possible position.

I don't plan on doing anything for my engine, so that bar is staying there. No need to relocate anything. IF you want to relocate the ground wires, you can change the rings on the ends and put them through one of the other existing ground bolts. Then you can just cut that piece off altogether.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts