SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey everyone I just joined this forum though I've been driving my moms s80 for the past almost 3 years(saved my life many times) and the time has come for me to buy a car. My parents want me to have a Volvo and I want something sporty so we compromised and I'm looking at a 2010 c30, I'm absolutely in love with them but I'm wondering how I can get the most power out of my c30? Besides the obvious cold air intake, exhaust, performance chip. I don't plan on racing it or anything just more of a curious question as I'm used to modifying my jdm cars rather than our tank, thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
684 Posts
How much money do you want to put in? What is your knowledge level? Do you have a second car? Do you have to pass emission? Do you care about resell value?

·
Registered
538 Posts
It's pricey but a Polestar update will fit the bill.

Costs $1500 for the software update at the dealership.

·
Super Moderator
15,166 Posts
C30crew.com is a great reference for a C30 enthusiast.

Not trying to sound vain, but check my build thread for the C30 for a few ideas... http://forums.swedespeed.com/showthread.php?218691
That's maxing out performance for the K04 turbo. The next step would be a K16 turbo (or bigger).

It's pricey but a Polestar update will fit the bill.

Costs $1500 for the software update at the dealership.
I would highly discourage P* for the OP since it sounds like he wants to add other performance parts. P* is great for a stock engine and a few bolt ons, but it cannot optimize performance for all of the available parts.
If I had a stock car, I'd go Polestar to keep things "stock." But for the way I've built my car, I suggest Elevate or Shark for a tune. Plus, those tunes are literally half the price of P*.

·
Registered
1,140 Posts
I have to agree. I owned two S80's and after getting my c30, I threw in an intake.. Keep the stock one and just get an intake pipe that will connect to your stock air box. I get a code for the MAF once in a while with the Injen intake. Elevate tune was awesome, it really added power and made it pull harder, especially when you really need it on the highway. Get an exhaust system if you want. It's always nice to get extra rumble and breathability. The tune and lowering the car would have been my first.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts