SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4,434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After having my plastic accordion piece break and jamming my sunroof, it was time to replace it.

Step 1.
Go to the dealer and get a replacement.

Step 2.
locate the broken piece and remove it. It is simply clipped into the aluminium rail where it slides forwards / backwards with the sunroof.

New replacement accordion:

Step 3.
With the sunroof closed but raised at the rear, remove the remaining accordion piece by simply pulling towards you. You will notice 3 brass clips holding it in place. You do not need to remove these clips.

The broken piece:

Step 4.
Slide the new accordion piece into place and press the front down into the aluminium rail unto you feel it click into place. With your fingers, push down and slide in a motion to completely tuck the new piece into the rail. In the picture - slide from the back to the front.

Step 5.
Grap the top of the accordion and simply tuck it back up and over the three brass clips and push back into place until you feel it lock in.

Step 6.
Test sunroof function and you're done.

·
Registered
100 Posts
While I'd had planned to do this a while ago, the thread reminded me that I needed to, so I got it done two weeks ago. =) Instructions are bang-on. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
I think mine is broken, the sunroof shade gets stuck and has to be forced back and forth, and the glass roof seems to have interference when moving. I had thought it was a broken sunroof cassette and freaked out but is my symptom similar to a broken accordion?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks for the write up. I just did this on my 04 XC70. If I were to add anything, make sure to check the inside of the track before you try pressing in the new accordion. The old plastic accordion was so brittle that half of the plastic inside the track broke and stayed in there. You can easily fish it out. I used a paper clip. Once all the plastic is out the new accordion easily pops in. Before pressing in I dabbed some lubricant on the bottom part of the accordion. I used brake caliper synthetic silicone.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts