SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

There is a plastic trim ring around the center light that has come off. How can it be fixed? Can the headlight cover be removed to access it? Does the whole unit have to be removed from the car?

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I believe you'd have to remove the front glass and then use an adhesive to reapply it.

·
Super Moderator
9,305 Posts
Check the sticky under the "Lighting" category, there are several threads on how to open up the headlight assembly.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Follow the "cleaning projector lens" thread. You can put it back into place once the projector lens is removed. Super easy fix.

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Follow the "cleaning projector lens" thread. You can put it back into place once the projector lens is removed. Super easy fix.
When I search on "cleaning projector lens" I get this message:

The following errors occurred with your search

The following words are either very common, too long, or too short and were not included in your search:
"cleaning projector lens"

Is this in the S40 & V50 (2005-2012) Sticky: S40/V50 Technical Information, How-To, DIY, FAQ, and More? Under the Lighting section it just has:

Disable DRLs
Halogen Upgrade
Halos/Angel Eyes and here
HID Conversion and here
LED conversion for All the Car's Bulbs

Nothing about cleaning the lens. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never mind. Got to it from the back without removing the lens.
Hi atikovi, I have the same issue. The trim around the projector lens came loose. You said you fixed it without removing the lens, can you please explain how you did it? If I open the small piece from the back then I can just access the bulb. Please see the picture of my Xc60 light and advice.
Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Never mind. Got to it from the back without removing the lens.
Hi Atikovi, can you please tell me how you did it without removing the lens. I have the same issue with my XC60 light (check the picture). I will appreciate if you can give me the steps. Thanks!!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Can't remember what I did that long ago just that it snapped back in place after removing the center light.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts