SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,582 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm nearing 24,000 miles and am not sure how long the stock brake pads are supposed to last. Does anyone know how thick the brake pads are supposed to be when it's time to replace them? At my 22.5k service the dealer said I had 40% left, but I've been told they're supposed to be replaced at 20%? Is this true? Yes I am car maintenence illiterate.

·
Registered
21,166 Posts
Re: How to eyeball how much brakepad is left? (PhilUp)

Look between the spokes of your Pegs and see if there's material left on your pads. They're the things in the grey calipers with the R on them.

·
Registered
264 Posts
There are two pads per wheel. You cannot see the inside pad on each wheel unless you use a mirror or something. If you use a mirror you can look from the top of the caliper. If you just want to look at the outside pad look from the bottom of the caliper. The inside pad wears about 1/4 faster than the outside.

Denny

·
Registered
10,097 Posts
Re: (wrxownr)

Quote, originally posted by wrxownr »
The inside pad wears about 1/4 faster than the outside.

Denny

So did the rotors which came off the car last week..

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: (wrxownr)

Quote, originally posted by wrxownr »
The inside pad wears about 1/4 faster than the outside.

That's not true! Brembo's wear even..infact both my frontpads had the inner-pad slightly worn more than the outer ones (less than 1mm outside and less than 0.5mm left on the innerpad at ±30000km
)

·
Banned
3,517 Posts
Re: (Johann)

Quote, originally posted by Johann »
But then you don't use the brakes..

Nope...not during the 10 trips to Southern France I didn't used them on the Peage ... only the other 10000km I did

1 - 8 of 8 Posts