SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
21 - 40 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Nice writeup. I was closing the DS window in a parking garage while driving over a speedbump and threw mine out of whack a couple of years ago--trip to the dealer to fix it.

I've been having intermittent problems with the PS window for about a year. 85% of the time it auto closes fine; the rest of the time it reaches the top and returns down. The dealship hasn't been able to figure it out.

Any idea on what it could be, or how to resolve? The caR is still under warranty. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,887 Posts
Nice writeup. I was closing the DS window in a parking garage while driving over a speedbump and threw mine out of whack a couple of years ago--trip to the dealer to fix it.

I've been having intermittent problems with the PS window for about a year. 85% of the time it auto closes fine; the rest of the time it reaches the top and returns down. The dealship hasn't been able to figure it out.

Any idea on what it could be, or how to resolve? The caR is still under warranty. Thanks.
Did you do the fuse pull routine? That's what I did to fix mine. But I read in another thread that someone's power window motor was messed up and causing an issue. It could be bent or damaged.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I will try it. Assumed the fuse pull worked only for windows that consistently fail. Mine came within 3" from the top this morning then returned to the bottom 3x today; worked on the 4th attempt.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Nice. My autos have not worked since the REM. will try this procedure.

Edit.

Just tried it by pushing the window full down and holding it for 10 seconds then pulling it up and holding for 10 seconds.

Window did a little move on its own and it was calibrated. No fuses needed to be pulled.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great window fix

vida schmida....try this:
1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.

2. Install fuse back into position.

3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

4. Verify window is now working properly.

5. If this procedure does not work, a scan tool that can access the Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) will be needed.
--------
The auto up or down function will be engaged if the button is pulled to the second step. The first step is for manual operation. This procedure can be used for driver and passenger windows.
Thanks for the great (and easy ) fix. You saved me some $$$. Volvo in California

·
Registered
1 Posts
vida schmida....try this:
1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.

2. Install fuse back into position.

3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

4. Verify window is now working properly.

5. If this procedure does not work, a scan tool that can access the Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) will be needed.
--------
The auto up or down function will be engaged if the button is pulled to the second step. The first step is for manual operation. This procedure can be used for driver and passenger windows.
The easiest fix i've ever done, took me about 10 seconds, i set the window to go down pulled the fuse in the side of the dash panel, put the fuse back in then sent the window back up, held the button for 5 seconds and all fixed. Happy days :)

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thank you so much. I tried the long one and it didn't work for me but the short one did. Took less than 5 min. ;)

·
Registered
528 Posts
+1 - had to do this last weekend when my driver's window stopped going down all the way. Window worked great afterward, but now my power mirror stopped working :(

·
Registered
118 Posts
That was easy

garbergtsi got it right...it took me longer to find the fuse door than to actually fix the issue. Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
So mine was an easy but expensive fix...

All you have to do is let some random jerk try to break into your car....

Replace the 650$ window and it should work great, no more air leaks!!

True story. Happened to me.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
is this in the sticky thread yet?
Yes it is.

The sticky threads have been recently tweaked a little making things more consolidated.

·
Registered
155 Posts
First time I tried this tonight in my XC90 it didn't work, I realize now that I didn't follow it exactly (was going by memory), however, with some trial and error I got it working! In my case it was the driver's window, and here's what I did:

1. Ignition on pos.II (no reason for II vs. I, it's just what I happened to do).
2. With fingers on the fuse puller on fuse#5 (LH door module) initiated Auto-up driver's window with LH door module button.
3. As soon as window reached top (and before it started to auto-down) I pulled the fuse.
4. Turned off ignition, and waited 30 seconds.
5. Replaced fuse.
6. Ignition back to pos.II.
7. Tried auto-down, did not work, only manual down worked, used manual down to get window all the way down.
8. Tried auto-up, did not work.
9. Got window to top with manual up.
10. Tried auto-down, worked!
11. Tried auto-up, WORKED!
12. Done, fixed, smiling! :)
13. Ignition off, waited, ignition back on, tested and all good. :D
14. Tested other windows from LH Door Module, and all is good. :cool:
...hope it's still working tomorrow :p

[edit] Yes. Still working. Wife thinks I'm the greatest :D

LTA
Just did this at 1:30am... worked like GANGBUSTERS... can I say that?
Thanks for the awesome write up!

·
Registered
6 Posts
08 XC90

I've followed a few different versions of the steps and can't get it to work. No matter when I pull the fuse - on the up or down cycle, the window doesn't stop travel until it reaches the bottom. If I pull it on the way up, it hits the top, and opens again.

Bummer, it looks like a trip to the dealer, or just live with it.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I had the same problem with my drivers window like 3 month ago and swung by the dealer for them to fix it. They did ther thing but now its doing it again. Is there a permanent fix for this or is this something that will continue to happen? Its such a pain in the ass!

·
Registered
118 Posts
70 140 - - I'll ask the obvious here, but are you sure you're pulling the correct fuse. No way the window should still continue to operate with the correct fuse pulled. Double check it. The lower one (maybe #6 is passenger, the one above it is driver's).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Depending upon the car, you should have a sticker on the fuse panel that says exactly which fuse will be for which window. It's not tough. I just did the reset myself and it worked like a charm.

·
Registered
6 Posts
70 140 - - I'll ask the obvious here, but are you sure you're pulling the correct fuse. No way the window should still continue to operate with the correct fuse pulled. Double check it. The lower one (maybe #6 is passenger, the one above it is driver's).
Yeah, its the correct fuse. Its number 6 on the XC90 for the RH door, and number 5 for the LH door. After the fuse is out and the window is fully open - it no longer works. I wonder if my module is fried - how else does the window motor operate once the fuse is out?

I have now tried pulling both fuses - I wondered if the drivers module was linked to the passenger module via the master switch, and tried the reset using the switch on the drivers door as well as the switch on the passenger door. No luck. I even checked the obvious - that nothing was stuck in the rubber molding.

My drivers door has always worked fine.

21 - 40 of 84 Posts