SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sure this has been covered before, but I can't seem to get any links produced by a Google search to work.

So . . . auto up no longer works on the driver's window of my '05 V70R. It bumps into the top of the window frame, then reverses downward again.

No other electrical gremlins that I'm aware of at this time.

Is this something I can re-calibrate myself? Or does it require a dealer visit?

TIA

- Mark

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
EDIT - See Post #4 for the fix :thumbup:

·
Registered
4,001 Posts
r say likey pirate is right on this. however, I had this issue and I was able to fix it myself. I can't provide any real useful info though as I can't remember exactly what i did. It may have been that i put the window switch in the up position and kept it up after the window had reached the top for a second or two. then i put it all the way back down and it worked fine from there. It could have been dumb luck though. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
vida schmida....try this:
1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.

2. Install fuse back into position.

3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

4. Verify window is now working properly.

5. If this procedure does not work, a scan tool that can access the Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) will be needed.
--------
The auto up or down function will be engaged if the button is pulled to the second step. The first step is for manual operation. This procedure can be used for driver and passenger windows.

·
Registered
292 Posts
1. Engage the auto-down function and remove fuse 11C/5 (for driver's side) or 11C/4 (for passenger side) (located in the driver's side dash fusebox) during window movement.

3. Engage the auto-up function and hold it engaged for 5 seconds after the window has reached the fully closed position.

5. If this procedure does not work, a scan tool that can access the Passenger Door Module (PDM) and Drivers Door Module (DDM) will be needed.
--------
The auto up or down function will be engaged if the button is pulled to the second step. The first step is for manual operation. This procedure can be used for driver and passenger windows.
well that's handy to know!

·
Registered
1,341 Posts
this happened to me and my indy was able to fix it for me in less than 15 min and they did it for free not sure if they didnt charge me cause it happened after i had them replace a window slidr while it was in for other work however

·
Registered
2,545 Posts

--------
YES! Vida schmida! You were right, garbergtsi!

First time I tried this tonight in my XC90 it didn't work, I realize now that I didn't follow it exactly (was going by memory), however, with some trial and error I got it working! In my case it was the driver's window, and here's what I did:

1. Ignition on pos.II (no reason for II vs. I, it's just what I happened to do).
2. With fingers on the fuse puller on fuse#5 (LH door module) initiated Auto-up driver's window with LH door module button.
3. As soon as window reached top (and before it started to auto-down) I pulled the fuse.
4. Turned off ignition, and waited 30 seconds.
5. Replaced fuse.
6. Ignition back to pos.II.
7. Tried auto-down, did not work, only manual down worked, used manual down to get window all the way down.
8. Tried auto-up, did not work.
9. Got window to top with manual up.
10. Tried auto-down, worked!
11. Tried auto-up, WORKED!
12. Done, fixed, smiling! :)
13. Ignition off, waited, ignition back on, tested and all good. :D
14. Tested other windows from LH Door Module, and all is good. :cool:
...hope it's still working tomorrow :p

[edit] Yes. Still working. Wife thinks I'm the greatest :D

LTA

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yup, it also worked in my car . . . thank you, garbergtsi, you saved me an unnecessary dealer visit!

·
Registered
166 Posts
Many thanks for this piece of cake fix. I went a month thinking my upper limit switch needed replacement. This saved a trip to the dealer, and more importantly, time.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Many thanks for this piece of cake fix. I went a month thinking my upper limit switch needed replacement. This saved a trip to the dealer, and more importantly, time.
This should be added to the FAQ page or whatever its called that's stickied at the top - Mods please make this happen, thanks :)

·
Registered
1 Posts

First time I tried this tonight in my XC90 it didn't work, I realize now that I didn't follow it exactly (was going by memory), however, with some trial and error I got it working! In my case it was the driver's window, and here's what I did:

1. Ignition on pos.II (no reason for II vs. I, it's just what I happened to do).
2. With fingers on the fuse puller on fuse#5 (LH door module) initiated Auto-up driver's window with LH door module button.
3. As soon as window reached top (and before it started to auto-down) I pulled the fuse.
5. Replaced fuse.
7. Tried auto-down, did not work, only manual down worked, used manual down to get window all the way down.

LTA
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! This worked like a charm. Took only 2 minutes and it alleviated about a months worth of pain.

·
Registered
11,939 Posts
I think I have some wind noise in my drivers window that would go away if the window were to go just a little bit higher up, pushing against the seal.
No water leaks.

Would a recalibration help? Or probably not? If probably not, I don't want to try it as I worry it might end up worse!

·
Registered
549 Posts
I think I have some wind noise in my drivers window that would go away if the window were to go just a little bit higher up, pushing against the seal.
No water leaks.

Would a recalibration help? Or probably not? If probably not, I don't want to try it as I worry it might end up worse!
I have the same issue as you, hope someone jumps on.

·
Super Moderator
14,831 Posts

5. Replaced fuse.

LTA
this method worked for me! the other shorter method did not, FWIW.

1 - 20 of 84 Posts