SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been living with the "headlamp Service" warning for the past year on our 2009 XC90 with Xenon headlamps. The headlamps seem to function just fine, but that persistent message is getting pretty annoying. Being that I am not able or willing to shell out for headlamp replacements, I would like to try to disconnect what I understand are the xy axis actuators in each headlamp, in an effort to stop the error message appearing ever again. I removed a headlamp assy from its mooring and had a look at it, but I am TOTALLY baffled as to what are the actuators, or how to go about disconnecting them. Can anyone provide some sage advice ?
Thanks
JD

·
Registered
30 Posts
I was having this problem with mine too, I just solved this problem this week. Do you have access to a scanner? Mine wound up being the harness itself. If you do have access to a scanner post your codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I plugged in Vadis a while back, when this issue first started, but got nothing in the way of codes on it. Today I had a run up country, about 3 hours, and the warning only cam e on when I first started the vehicle, nothing the rest of the ride. Other days the message just won't stop popping up. I have yet to notice any variation in headlight performance when the message pops up, so I have no idea what is going on.
What was the issue with the harness? What part of the harness (location) was the issue, and how did you discover that that was the problem? I have an appointment for 0800 tomorrow morning to go see an indie mechanic, but don't have a lot of confidence they will be able to resolve this.
Thx. JD

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The shop told me this morning that they have determined the issue is with the module under the drive seat, all else seems to be functional and in decent shape. Volvo wants 500 plus for an OEM module. FCP offers Valeo modules at a significant savings. I have used Valeo equipment on my bikes and had good success. Any advice on the Valeo modules for Volvo? .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts