SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all!

Around a year ago I bought a 2008 Volvo S60 2.5T in Dubai. I just moved back home to the Netherlands and took the car with me :cool: no regrets!
All cars in the UAE come with an annoying warning/beeping sound once you hit 120 km/h as it is required by law. Luckily mine goes away once I hit 130km/h but it's still annoying.

Now that the car is in Europe where there is no such law, I really want to disable this annoying beep but I don't know where to start. The beep seems to be coming from somewhere under the steering wheel and it does not seem to be the same speaker that makes the warning sound when the seat belt is not on. I was thinking I could just take out a fuse or cut the wire of this speaker. OR I could just take it to the dealer ofcourse and have them reprogram it. But if there is a way to do it myself and save some $$ I obviously want to try this myself first :).

Wondering if anyone has experience with this and can help out. My last resort will be to just go to the local dealer and hope they can reprogram it but I am sure there must be a way to just disable it myself through a fuse or the speaker itself. Hoping there's someone out here who's done it before.

Thanks in advance folks

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all!

Around a year ago I bought a 2008 Volvo S60 2.5T in Dubai. I just moved back home to the Netherlands and took the car with me :cool: no regrets!
All cars in the UAE come with an annoying warning/beeping sound once you hit 120 km/h as it is required by law. Luckily mine goes away once I hit 130km/h but it's still annoying.

Now that the car is in Europe where there is no such law, I really want to disable this annoying beep but I don't know where to start. The beep seems to be coming from somewhere under the steering wheel and it does not seem to be the same speaker that makes the warning sound when the seat belt is not on. I was thinking I could just take out a fuse or cut the wire of this speaker. OR I could just take it to the dealer ofcourse and have them reprogram it. But if there is a way to do it myself and save some $$ I obviously want to try this myself first :).

Wondering if anyone has experience with this and can help out. My last resort will be to just go to the local dealer and hope they can reprogram it but I am sure there must be a way to just disable it myself through a fuse or the speaker itself. Hoping there's someone out here who's done it before.

Thanks in advance folks
Hello
Any luck finding a solution for this annoying warning?
Just got an S80 V8 2008 in Dubai and its very annoying sound when i hit 120, it wont go away.
Please let me know if you found any solution.
Thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts