SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know how to determine if a pre-owned s60 has the dynamic chassis? Is there a Vin# series to look for?

Thanks

PM

·
Registered
1,850 Posts
First off, if it's a T6, it will have Dynamic stock (unless customer ordered touring which is pretty rare).

I'd say the easiest giveaway just by looking is the presence of the 18" Sleipner wheels. Since most owners of these cars aren't going to change out wheels, if a T5 (or T6) has those wheels equipped, you can be certain it has Dynamic.

While it's hard to explain, when I was searching for mine, it looked to me that the Dynamic-equipped cars had a slightly more aggressive stance than the touring-equipped cars. Look at enough of them and you probably will be able to tell.

If you're actually driving the car, go into the Sensus menus and look for the adjustable steering force. If that option is there, the car has Dynamic.

Your dealer should be able to pull the car's build sheet, if all else fails.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Should have clarified, on a T5... but thanks this will help my search a bunch.

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Adjustable Steering Force is determining how heavy the steering wheel is right? Light, medium heavy?

Canadians have that on their S60 T5 Level II.... But I'm pretty sure Canadians were shafted with touring suspension and no option for dynamic suspension. At least we didn't get to choose when we bought the car.

·
Registered
28 Posts
If you're unsure, post the last 6 of the VIN, and I'll run a check for you.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
The Dynamic package has adjustable steering, doesn't it? So you could just see if the adjustable steering options were there?

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Should have clarified, on a T5... but thanks this will help my search a bunch.
Does it have bi-xenon lights? 18" wheels?

You can also go to a Volvo retailer and ask them to run a warranty inquiry; it will show all options.

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Does it have bi-xenon lights? 18" wheels?

You can also go to a Volvo retailer and ask them to run a warranty inquiry; it will show all options.
Yes, it has both xenon's and 18' wheels.

·
Super Moderator
39,289 Posts
Yes, it has both xenon's and 18' wheels.
Then, it has Dynamic package (most Dynamic package cars had Bi-xenons ordered along) which includes Dynamic chassis.

Where is the car? Volvo Irvine or Volvo of Orange County?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Last 6 of Vin# 078084
Here's what I see when I run a used car check:

Is that the right color combo?

·
Registered
1,906 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yup, that the car. Bought it this afternoon.

Looks like the former owner changed the rims cause he didn't like the 17" balder rims. Volvo of okc confirmed today.

And, no dynamic chassis.

So that bring up the question, what is involved in conferting to dynamic? Is it only shocks/struts and springs, and software or is there more like the 4-C adjustable chassis?

·
Registered
418 Posts
I've got a set of used dynamic chassis springs and rear shocks from my T6 when I changed to the R-design suspension. Let me know if you are at all interested in them. IIRC I think you might also be looking at a new front struts between the touring and dynamic chassis (t6 dynamic front struts and r-design struts are the same), and some bushing changes.

Separately, I would highly recommend that you look into the IPD rear anti-sway bar. It is a very worthwhile upgrade.

·
Registered
125 Posts
IMO there is a huge difference in ride quality to tell if the car has dynamic or not. Just go over some small bumps in the road. I guess you could order the touring chassis with adjustable steering and rims but I think most people would go for the freja's instead.

·
Registered
115 Posts
Is that the only difference between the touring and dynamic? struts, shocks and springs? Then the R-design has different struts, shocks, springs, bushings and strut/cross stay? Are the sway bars the same on all?

·
Registered
418 Posts
The bushings are different on all three. The R-design has a thicker front sway bar. The dynamic chassis and the r-design chassis share front struts.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts