SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
thinking of removing at least the T6 and AWD badges if not the S60 badge as well. may put the blue polestar badge on the left.

i searched the forums but didn't see anything helpful... anyone here know of a good tutorial?

thanks

·
Registered
451 Posts
More of this de-badging nonsense......
why do you call it that?

i debadged mine by using dental floss - just go between the letters and the metal and "cut" through the double-sided tape that holds the badges on the metal. you have to be careful of course, but the glue did not leave any residue on mine - just polish it.
hope that helped

·
Registered
372 Posts
FYI...Here's a picture of my de-badged S60...for my taste...most vehicles have way to much advertising on them (Badges & Logos)...very tacky...but that's marketing!

·
Registered
116 Posts
hair drier to heat up adhesive.
fishing line, or dental floss, slide behind emblem and cut foam adhesive
wd-40 or goo-gone to remove leftover adhesive. WD works quicker and easier, just make sure to wash it off paint. goo-gone is weak and will take forever. to each their own.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
why do you call it that?

i debadged mine by using dental floss - just go between the letters and the metal and "cut" through the double-sided tape that holds the badges on the metal. you have to be careful of course, but the glue did not leave any residue on mine - just polish it.
hope that helped
I just don't get it. I see debadged 3 series BMWs all day trying to look like M3s. Every time I've seen a debadged car it's done to hide the fact that the car is not as awesome under the hood as it is on the outside.

·
Registered
1,581 Posts
I just don't get it. I see debadged 3 series BMWs all day trying to look like M3s. Every time I've seen a debadged car it's done to hide the fact that the car is not as awesome under the hood as it is on the outside.
Or maybe it's done because it's perceived to look more aesthetically pleasing (ie: cleaner).

·
Registered
780 Posts
The OP already has the "M3 Volvo equivalent" so it's not to hide the car's not awesome enough.
I agree with ojs...it's just going for a cleaner look.
I also debadged my T6, exactly for that reason...

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I am doing it for a cleaner look. There are just too many badges on the trunk.

I absolutely love the V O L V O spaced across the trunk but could do without the rest.

Once I get the T6 and AWD off I'll play around with the Polestar badge. I like the Polestar emblem and the way the blue looks on the Ice-White, but I don't want to remotely look riced.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
M3s have different body panels than other 3-series. No one is fooled.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I took my badges off because the "T" in the "T6" fell off the car when my shirt hooked on it on a hot day. I ditched all but the V O L V O and it looks much cleaner. The other tags really do look tacked on.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I want to get the Don Beyer circle badge off my car. That thing is on there solid. Tried hair dryer on 90 degree humid day. Did not loosen even a bit.

·
Registered
7,367 Posts
I want to get the Don Beyer circle badge off my car.
If you tell the dealer you're really unhappy with it, they may take care of it for you free of charge. Most dealers will remove it if you just ask them to.

·
Registered
338 Posts
If you tell the dealer you're really unhappy with it, they may take care of it for you free of charge. Most dealers will remove it if you just ask them to.
Yeah I should just tell them to do it at the next service call. I have already replaced thier liscense plate holder with nice stainless steel VOLVO ones. Looks better without all the advertisments all over the back.

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
Goo-gone, floss, and a thick cloth.

Take floss behind the badges to get the badges off, spray goo-gone on the remaining adhesive stuck to the rear of the car, scrub with a cloth or your fingernails. Takes 15 or so minutes.

I removed the VOLVO and S60, leaving only the R and AWD on the right side. I love the way it looks. I'd just leave the T6 And AWD badges on if I was you. Looks a lot cleaner.

Oh and for a note, my car is 8 years old and I had no paint fading around the badges, so I wouldn't worry about taking off the badges and having the paint underneath look any different than the rest of the car.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Every time I see a debadged car I can't help but assume its an entry level model and the driver really wanted (and couldn't afford) the top end model. BMW drivers are the worst offenders. It's generalizing, I know but I can't help it. I always remove the dealer adverts but I leave on the brand indentifiers. Just my opinion.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.