SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ordered a Curt hitch from Auto Anything and it arrived in 1 day with their free delivery. That was excellent service!

Installation was straight forward and required dropping 3 exhaust hangers: 1 at the rear muffler and the 2 at the rear axle:

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
With the rear muffler able to drop down, you can slide the hitch up and into place. I did this by myself but a second pair of hands would help as the hitch has some weight to it. The Volvo rear muffler hanger pulls the R-Design tips against the hitch surface. I used a slightly longer hanger to drop the muffler about 1/2" to provide clearance and reduce the potential for a rattle.

·
Administrator
55,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
While under the rear I noticed some surface rust, so I'll take some time this weekend to spray some rust converter on the areas. I sanded and sprayed the exhaust shield an aluminum color but I want to clean things up a bit more. After using a utility knife to trim the plastic lower valance the install was complete. All-in-all, the product is solid with good quality welds and painted finish. It hangs a bit lower than I wanted but it will work well with out Thule Revolver bike rack.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts