SwedeSpeed - Volvo Performance Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XC60 MY19 purchased in Jan 2019 in the US. I took my car in for the 10,000 mile service visit. I asked the dealer to perform the software update as I had experienced some Sensus crashes and complained about slow boot-up time. Dealer performed the software update and this was listed in the service report, but how do I check the update was performed and what software version I am currently on? If the update was performed, how do I check if they only updated Sensus or if they also updated the engine & transmission system optimization, steering responsiveness, etc. - basically all the updates from March, April, and July 2019? I spent about 15 minutes researching this forum for the answers to these questions but could not find anything relevant. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
142 Posts
I am a bit surprised that one of these companies that make ODBII readers don’t add something like that, not just for Volvo’s but any car with software with release numbers.
It would be nice to know those numbers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
860 Posts
XC60 MY19 purchased in Jan 2019 in the US. I took my car in for the 10,000 mile service visit. I asked the dealer to perform the software update as I had experienced some Sensus crashes and complained about slow boot-up time. Dealer performed the software update and this was listed in the service report, but how do I check the update was performed and what software version I am currently on? If the update was performed, how do I check if they only updated Sensus or if they also updated the engine & transmission system optimization, steering responsiveness, etc. - basically all the updates from March, April, and July 2019? I spent about 15 minutes researching this forum for the answers to these questions but could not find anything relevant. Thank you in advance.
did you ask the dealer directly? I don't think they all bite. :)

·
Registered
5,044 Posts
Not sure what threads you found here but it has been mentioned numerous times that you cannot check the software version. You can only check to see if the published changes for the "big" bi-annual updates match what you see. That being the updated Start Stop icon on the tach. Everything is updated on SPA and CMA cars. The Service 2.0 did not include every module on previous platforms though.

·
Registered
1,619 Posts
The answer is simple: it is impossible, reason is known only to Volvo

·
Registered
41 Posts
With a VIDA subscription you can print out the hardware and software status for the vehicle VIN (at last confirmed date). No scan tool needed.
Hardware and Software Numbers are per module (multiple per module) and run to a page and a half.
To track updates a scan before the dealer update would be required.
The numbers are not otherwise helpful without VIDA access.

You can do this with some other makes too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts